Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 05:28 PM

593 posts, read 1,655,497 times

Advertisements

I have to air this out because these people can't be serious. I was riding the 25 bus on Monday and today. On both times that I took the bus, the bus broke down. The engine just shut off and the bus driver had to take about 5 minutes to make it work again. It didn't help that I had places to go. Bad enough that Jersey Transit doesn't really give on time bus service. The buses are usually dirty. It's only just now that they're adding new buses on the bus line. And last time I remembered, the train service was bad as well. Some years ago, I don't know if it improved, but I remember waiting an hour and a half for the train to show up. It was expensive to ride the train as well too which makes no sense to me.

I think it's ridiculous how backwards this state is and the thing is they know very well what's going on but they don't seem to care until something serious happens. I haven't seen it yet. Now they want to raise the fare for all of that. I understand if these guys were on point but these guys have been horrible for a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 05:34 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,755,655 times
Its not there fault, its Christies , he was given numerous options , as an Alt to raising fares , yet he choose raising fares. It shows what kind of Person he is, ppl come second after greed and power.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Its not there fault, its Christies , he was given numerous options , as an Alt to raising fares , yet he choose raising fares. It shows what kind of Person he is, ppl come second after greed and power.

Yeah, Christie is going to mess this state up even worse. Like I said before in another thread, all these cuts aren't going to fix the situation. And these people are probably going to vote him again because of that too.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
Yeah, Christie is going to mess this state up even worse. Like I said before in another thread, all these cuts aren't going to fix the situation. And these people are probably going to vote him again because of that too.
All the poor ppl and middle income are going to be hurt alot , and its going to once again divide ppl.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:29 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,871,225 times
Add to it a bloated administration (like all other state agencies) who would rather make the lower level employees and patrons suffer than cut the fat from the budget.

Also, you YOU have bad service, come to South Jersey. I live about an hour out of Philly and it takes over 3 hours (if it's running on time and there's no traffic) just to get over the river!

Old 02-17-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post
Add to it a bloated administration (like all other state agencies) who would rather make the lower level employees and patrons suffer than cut the fat from the budget.

Also, you YOU have bad service, come to South Jersey. I live about an hour out of Philly and it takes over 3 hours (if it's running on time and there's no traffic) just to get over the river!

Where are you from in South Jersey? No offense but if you live somewhere like Salem County or Burlington, then I would see why it would take sometime to get to somewhere like Philly.

Yeah, we have bad service. Try taking the 25 from Maplewood to Newark heading to school or work. You WILL be late. It goes all the way down Springfield Ave. With all the people that take the bus and 9 times out of 10 its crowded after you go passed the Irvington terminal stop, you would think they would have MORE bus service but it's the opposite. The bus is jam packed with people. If you get a seat, you won't be able to move much with all the people in the middle of the bus. The bus takes forever to come, if you wait by the bus garage in Maplewood, you'll be helluva disappointed to see these buses coming out of there with the whole "Out of service" sign. Sometimes, they're running late so they have the "out of service" sign at the 43rd Street stop and then turn on the "25 Springfield Ave, Newark Penn Station" heading towards the next stop right by Investors Savings and Florence Ave. Horrible.

It's not just the 25 bus as well. I could go on about the 70 as well even though it's slightly better. I wouldn't rely on using the 70 bus to go to Livington Mall at all. It takes a long time to come too.

I could also talk about the 107 too. I had the misfortune of being on the bus with a bus driver that didn't what the 107 route was. Instead of going on the Turnpike extension that takes you to the Lincoln Tunnel, the guy went on the regular Turnpike that takes you to the Meadowlands. Us passengers had to tell him where to go because he didn't know what he was doing. To make it all worse, I had an appointment at a place I had to be in New York and I was two hours late.

That's why all you people with cars should be happy you don't take public transportation. NJ Transit is the worse.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:27 PM

Theres rumors swirling around on mutiple transit sits , of a 20-30% increase are the mad? OMG WTF.....this will cripple 80% of the State , ppl will have to quit jobs , kids won't go to school. Christie think before you act.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:35 PM

88,041 posts, read 83,864,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Theres rumors swirling around on mutiple transit sits , of a 20-30% increase are the mad? OMG WTF.....this will cripple 80% of the State , ppl will have to quit jobs , kids won't go to school. Christie think before you act.
REALLY. I can see an increase in NJ Transit--I've been commuting by train for 30 years, and there is always an increase sooner or later. But 30%? That's unconscionable. My monthly ticket is $246 now, and that only gets me to Hoboken. That would tack another $80 a month onto my commute.

I moved to Monmouth County because the rents are too high in Bergen. Now they're gonna get me on the train. And the Bergen County line didn't have as many problems in a year as I've already had on the Coast Line in three months. It's still cheaper down here, though. If you don't count the loss of TIME in commuting, but I read and nap.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:48 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,403,150 times
I hope fairs go up 100%. People want buses? Pay for them! Way to go Christie make everyone pay up!! Drive them out of the state if they dont like it!! You won and now do the deed.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:03 PM

4,284 posts, read 10,721,884 times
I dont know or care about buses, but Train service from NJ transit is generally very good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey