Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 04:17 PM

3 posts, read 10,080 times

Advertisements

Hi im moving over to study in Seton Hall at the end of August and i have had terrible trouble trying to find an area to stay. It seems that alot of the surrounding areas are pretty bad based on the other posts iv seen I was looking into the South orange village apartments and the University Centre in Newark but was wondering if these are any good? I unfortunatly wont be able to make it over to look at any accomodation before i start as im moving over from Ireland and will only be over for the first semester and this is making things sorta awkward! Any help and recomendations would be much appreciated and if you could reccommend any websites it'd be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 10:25 PM

747 posts, read 2,757,763 times
Perhaps post your budget so people have a better understanding of your constraints (or lack thereof). There was another thread today from an aussie exchange student, and like I told him, if you can then live in NYC (or next door, in Hoboken) if you're here only briefly and can afford to. I assume you want to "maximize" your brief experience of living in the states?

Depending on the exchange rate and cost of living of their home countries, sometimes the US (including NYC) is more affordable than people realize. Many brits/europeans certainly thought so when the gbp and euro were strong.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:02 AM

315 posts, read 871,191 times
A lot of surrounding area,s are also nice- -it just depends. Are you going to have to use public transportation? - How far are you willing to go-outside of the campus...etc.. and like above post asked - How much do ya what to spend on a place?

Old 03-06-2010, 08:27 AM

467 posts, read 1,488,717 times
south Orange village apts. aren't bad...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey