U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-05-2010, 09:24 PM

326 posts, read 860,384 times

Advertisements

I am looking for information on the Trainstations in Fairlawn? There is on in the Radburn section and one call the Broadway station. Can anyone tell me exactly where they are located and if either has parking available? I will be heading to Hoboken in the morning and then coming home late at night. I want to know which would be better to park my car and leave it there for the day.
Any help is appriciated. I normally take the train from Rutherford so I can do that as a backup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 07:38 AM

27,708 posts, read 21,742,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl08 View Post
I am looking for information on the Trainstations in Fairlawn? There is on in the Radburn section and one call the Broadway station. Can anyone tell me exactly where they are located and if either has parking available? I will be heading to Hoboken in the morning and then coming home late at night. I want to know which would be better to park my car and leave it there for the day.
Any help is appriciated. I normally take the train from Rutherford so I can do that as a backup.
The Radburn train is in the Radburn section of Fair Lawn (OK, that sounds obvious!). It is on Fair Lawn Avenue--you take the Fair Lawn Avenue exit off of Route 208. From 208 South you get off and make a left at the light at the end of the ramp and from 208 North you make a right at the end of the ramp. The grade crossing where the train stops is within sight once you are on Fair Lawn Avenue.

Parking is an issue as it is in most towns with train stations. I believe the lot at the train station itself is for Fair Lawn residents, but I won't swear 100% to that. There is another lot on Fair Lawn Avenue where people park and from which you'd have about a five-minute walk to the train. Your best bet is to call the Fair Lawn municipal offices and get the information as to availability and costs. A former coworker from Oakland used to drive down and use the Radburn extra lot, so I know out-of-towners can park there, just don't know about fees or permits.

The Broadway stop is on the overpass over Route 4 (aka Broadway) at the border of Fair Lawn and Elmwood Park. There are parking spaces on the opposite side of Route 4 from where you would catch the train, but I am not sure if the spaces are in Elmwood Park or Fair Lawn and if you need a permit or not. Again, ask about this when you call Fair Lawn, and if it is Elmwood Park's lot they should know that.

One caveat--a lot of rush-hour trains run express in the a.m. and p.m. and stop at Radburn but not at Broadway. You would need to take local trains for Broadway. Late at night, of course, they will all be local. Check the schedule on the NJ Transit website.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:07 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,504,571 times
If you are looking to take the Radburn station, sometimes people park several blocks away in the residential areas. There are sometimes parking in Radburn itself, which is a 5 minute walk to the station. Look on the map for Warren Road and Reading or Townly Rd (off of Plaza Rd). There are some pull in parking spots along that street up until Sandford Rd. If there are no spots available there, you may find parking down Reading Terrace or Randolph Terrace. If you end up at the bottom of one of these street, don't make it seem obvious what your intentions are. Those parking spots are really for Radburn residents and their guests. I think if this is a one time deal, you won't have any problem doing this.

If this is going to be a long term issue, you can park at the train station, but you need a monthly pass. There may not be any parking spaces available though.

The same line can bring you to Glen Rock. You may find better luck getting a parking pass up there.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:18 PM

Found this today. I am looking for similar information about stations in Monmouth County.

Do the drop-down for each station and it gives you the information as to who can park where and how much.

New Jersey Transit

Old 03-07-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaegel View Post
If you are looking to take the Radburn station, sometimes people park several blocks away in the residential areas. There are sometimes parking in Radburn itself, which is a 5 minute walk to the station. Look on the map for Warren Road and Reading or Townly Rd (off of Plaza Rd). There are some pull in parking spots along that street up until Sandford Rd. If there are no spots available there, you may find parking down Reading Terrace or Randolph Terrace. If you end up at the bottom of one of these street, don't make it seem obvious what your intentions are. Those parking spots are really for Radburn residents and their guests. I think if this is a one time deal, you won't have any problem doing this.

If this is going to be a long term issue, you can park at the train station, but you need a monthly pass. There may not be any parking spaces available though.

The same line can bring you to Glen Rock. You may find better luck getting a parking pass up there.
Glen Rock also has some metered parking for train people.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:15 PM

39 posts, read 106,032 times
Here is what you need.

http://www.fairlawnpd.com/forms/parking_permits.htm

Parking is first come, first serve. The town issues everybody a permit, but does not guarantee parking. Non Residents, mainly cheapskates from Ridgewood, pay more for a permit. Use the Radburn station. All trains stop there. I believe there are 4 lots to use. 3 along Pollitt Drive next to the station & one a short walk near 208. The area is safe. The CVS in Radburn is the chain's busiest store & is open 24 hours. There are always people there.

Do not park on the street, behind the CVS & Panera Bread, behind the Radburn building(the building with the clock), or next to the Chase Bank. You will be towed.

Last edited by bagelland; 03-07-2010 at 09:25 PM..

Old 07-19-2011, 07:00 PM

2 posts, read 10,498 times
I am looking to move to Oakland NJ and will be commuting to NYC. I am interested in parking at the Fairlawn/Radburn station. Does anyone know what time the lots fill up?! I am really worried that I will drive there and not find a spot then not make it to work...that's alot of stress to deal with on a daily basis. Please help! Thanks

Old 07-19-2011, 07:04 PM

12,344 posts, read 13,763,954 times
Why are you going all the way down to Fair Lawn , they built a huge station on Route 17 in Ramsey its about 20mins from Oakland and have the spaces are open. Radburn only always residents to park and limited and Broadway has no parking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey