Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 05:01 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelder View Post
OK. When time are good and people in the private sector are getting their salaries doubled or matched with bonuses, do the same for us public employees.
That's a very good point. If public employee's have it so good then why didn't the private sector employee's go for the public jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 06:04 PM

4 posts, read 4,135 times
After Nov. 30 is when the real ugly battle begins in our state. It then becomes worse after January 30th.

These are the two dates to watch w/c many are not aware of.

Jan 30th because that's when they expect property taxes to jump more than expected for so many towns across NJ because of the shift in responsibility of funding by the Governor from State to individual towns and
municipalities. Expect many angry homeowners.

Why Nov. 30th?

I have two law enforcement and one firefighter member of our family. The mobilization has already begun among Union leaders, activisits, and officials across the state representing Teachers, Police, Fightfighters, Public state employees, Public city and town employews, healthcare, maintenance, carpenter/builders, restaurant, manufacturing and service industies since Sept 15.

Most Union state leaders are very confident about their chances.

It officially lunches massively statewide right after November 30th. It will be the " Recall Governor Christie" campaign.
Basically, after November 30, any 3 voters can organize themselves into a recall committee. They submit papers to the the secretary of state, Kim Guadagno (who is also the Lieutenant Governor), and if everything is in order, collection of signatures can begin soon afterward. Petitioners have 320 days to collect about 1.3 million signatures from registered voters. If the signatures are validated, an election is then held on Christie’s recall. If he loses, his term ends immediately and Guadagno (in her role as lieutenant governor) becomes Governor.

Many political pundits privately & some publicly like Republican MSNBC host Joe Scarborough believe that due to New Jersey's strong blue democratic leaning state, a recall election is very doable and probable.

Governor Christie's key block here will be NJ's large independent voters who often lean democratic by 2 to 1. Last year, Christie was the firs republican in 20 years to win this block. He won their vote by a very slim and narrow 65,000 while receiving a higher than normal support from registered dems as wekk who crossed party lines.

As bad as it was for Corzine economically and politically, Christie only won by about 90,000 votes. ( only 4% margin)This was despite a record breaking Republican statewide turnout. Largest GOP turnout statewide in history for a non-presidential race. ( Demorat Corzine, Torecelli, McGreevey, Lautenberg & Bradley have carried NJ by averages of 9% to 16% margins statewide)

2011 will be the real battle. that's 1.3 million signatures needed in 11 months.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:16 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anna_mom View Post
agreed. Even I personally do not consider good teachers are overpaid, but I think the pension system needs a reform. The administrators are overpaid, there is a lack of leadership and I am not sure why business admin with less than 10 years can get paid over 100K.
You just reminded of an employee I know who had the label "administrator" in her title and got a lot of little increases in her salary over the years. She eventually made more than her employer who was an appointee in her position. She later made sure that title was changed to protect her job and salary. The relative who had connections and protected retired and the democrats got the majority. For the first time now in years she stopped getting raises. As far as her employer making less when she came in well that was taken care of when she kept getting raises. Her husband was one of the politicians who was arrested and had his pension dropped down but so what his wife made up for it. Yes the "administrators" are always over paid. Seems to be a title that allows it. I do agree there are good teachers who aren't over paid. I just don't like that tenure. I also don't like the idea being said that without overpaying them that parents won't have good teachers for their children. It sounds a lot like they won't do their jobs if they don't get constant raises and tenure.

Edit: almost forgot this wasn't a teachers/School job I was speaking about
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey