Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 03:50 PM

272 posts, read 295,603 times

Advertisements

As a teacher you should be sorry you voted for him. He isn't just looking to cut spending in NJ. He seems to have an agenda with NJEA. If he was interested in cutting spending he would start with ending the sweet deals many have working making $100,000 while collecting $70,000 pensions and hire some one new at $50,000. Savings that won't hurt the citizens of NJ. Getting rid of rebates... rebates should of never happened you should of got a cut on your property tax... highest property tax in US. So now that Corizine dropped the income of who gets the rebate those above that $75,000 limit see no reason for the rebate.... pitting people against people when in truth everyone in NJ should have a propety tax reduction... or everyone should of gotten the rebate. The schools just got notice of their cuts so what do they do... by us child study teams are being layed off, after school activities layed off and paralegal and aids being layed off, retiring teachers will not have a replacement. Who does that hurt our children what is happening pitting parents against teachers, those with children pitted with those without children. Those who take public transportation against those who drive. More people losing their jobs, more collecting unemployment, less people making money to put back into the system. All while those making $400,000 get a tax cut. Pitting those who aren't getting a tax cut and in fear of losing their jobs against those getting a tax cut and most likely not losing their jobs. Instead shouldn't he be finding ways to get people back to work in our state so more money comes into the system instead of pitting people against each other. At the very least instead of all the anger he should of made the speech of we all need to stick together instead of I'm going to get you. State workers lose their pension because gov't handled pensions wrong pitted against people who don't get a pension.
We turned into a Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck mentality hate anger and fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 07:46 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,217,577 times
Budget cuts are always painful, but it is necessary. I'd rather put New Jersey on a more sustainable financial path than continue with the old ways of ignoring the problem. Will these cuts hurt? Yes. In fact, several people in my family who work in the schools are concerned about their jobs right now (including my own mother). But this is what has to be done.

Kudos to Christie for making the tough choices.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:03 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
I wonder how many politicians that the NJEA are now railing against for underfunding the pensions were heartily supported with huge sums of cash and "get out the vote" by the NJEA?

Old 04-20-2010, 09:03 PM

4 posts, read 7,570 times
Love Chris Christie, and really love the proposed cuts, have four kids and am not afraid of the school budget cuts, it will be painful but I have to balance my checkbook at home, why is NJ government not obligated to cut spending and balance their checkbooks?

Old 04-20-2010, 10:14 PM

199 posts, read 526,220 times
I'm thrilled to say I voted for Christie. He's actually surpassed my expectations so far, and I'm a Republican who couldn't wait for him to take the governor's office. Love the way he is standing up the unions. Finally we have a governor who's on our side, not theirs.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:37 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,786,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesmom View Post
Love Chris Christie, and really love the proposed cuts, have four kids and am not afraid of the school budget cuts, it will be painful but I have to balance my checkbook at home, why is NJ government not obligated to cut spending and balance their checkbooks?
Won't be painful for Christie's Gov. Office Payroll, which is $2 Million more than it was under Corzine...but hey, let it be tough for the kids, why should it be painful for Christie when the kids can suck it up?

lol

Old 04-21-2010, 12:03 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Won't be painful for Christie's Gov. Office Payroll, which is $2 Million more than it was under Corzine...but hey, let it be tough for the kids, why should it be painful for Christie when the kids can suck it up?

lol
I think hes more Corrupt then Corzine , i talked to a few of my Republican Mayor friend's and there hinting at a scandal coming. Hes also very rude , saying the Teachers are using the students as Drug mules to send a massage home to there parent's. Maybe if were lucky we'll get Cory Booker to run for 2013

Old 04-21-2010, 10:06 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I think hes more Corrupt then Corzine , i talked to a few of my Republican Mayor friend's and there hinting at a scandal coming. Hes also very rude , saying the Teachers are using the students as Drug mules to send a massage home to there parent's. Maybe if were lucky we'll get Cory Booker to run for 2013
Interesting that you said that. . . I was talking to my sister last night & she said that some of Christie's cohorts are in a book that someone gave to her husband, I think the title is The Soprano State. I think I need to get that book.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:14 AM

342 posts, read 716,981 times
I find it interesting that Christie is only focused on teachers. If he's so interested in cutting spending, why did he not ask superintendents, administrators, all state workers and legislators, prosecutors, judges, etc. to take pay freezes and contribute more to pensions. I'd be more inclined to believe he's really interested in cutting costs if he was including the high priced employees in the pay freeze.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:05 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
Cuts should have been done long ago by other governors. Christie was dumped on. I'm proud to say I voted for him. I think he's doing a good job. If we weren't in the hole for 11 billion guess what Christie wouldn't have to cut the budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey