U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-11-2010, 10:33 PM

1 posts, read 580 times
Question Planning to relocate

Hi

I may be asked by my employer to relocate to our Iselin office to oversee business development oppurtunities. The office is located at Woodbridge Place, 517, Route 1 South,Iselin, NJ-08830.

Planning to first come there myself and then get my family which includes my wife n 2 kids aged one aged 3 and the other 3 months.

Requesting fellow forum members inputs in arriving at a decision for the same.

I need to know the following :

Considering my office address and my family size which residential area would be most suited ? a furnished place would be preferable. Prefer to get apartments near to stations from where commute to the above office address may be easier. A place with a kindergarden school nearby...What would typically be the rentals?

What are the type of expenses that a family of four will typically incur ? towards groceries, utility payments, telephone/mobile, insurances (initially only health, car a little while later), considering a moderate not too extravagant existence.

My first kid here in India has started going to Play school and would have ideally started kindergarden education from June onwards....what is the age at which kids are eligible to begin education there ? which are the good schools and what are typical expenses that needs to be incurred for the same ?

What is the modality to go about getting a driving license? what could be a typical pre-owned (say aged 3 years) cost ?

Further suggestions other than the ones already requested above are most welcome....I know these are a lot of questions Appreciate your efforts and thanks in advance for all the inputs that you could provide in order to help take a judicious decision.

Regards,
Vinu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey