Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2007, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,281 times

Advertisements

I am trying to help my mother look for a place to live. She lives on Long Island, but she is getting older. New Jersey would be a good state because it is not far from New York. She doesn't need any type of living assistance, but she needs to live in a less populated town that operates at a MUCH slower pace. Ideally, she would live in a small, quaint, friendly town. Rural would be fine.

Anyone have any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 09:32 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,183,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny123 View Post
I am trying to help my mother look for a place to live. She lives on Long Island, but she is getting older. New Jersey would be a good state because it is not far from New York. She doesn't need any type of living assistance, but she needs to live in a less populated town that operates at a MUCH slower pace. Ideally, she would live in a small, quaint, friendly town. Rural would be fine.

Anyone have any ideas?
visit atlantic highlands, nice small town, many people her age, and a few nice buildings to rent in

Old 06-05-2007, 07:58 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,779,178 times
Ginny,

email me at Joseph632@hotmail.com I have some information for your mom.. A nice town and place for her to live that is Low taxed, and plenty of people in her age group along with being close to transportation to the city.

Thanks
Joe

Old 06-05-2007, 08:11 AM

34 posts, read 131,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
visit atlantic highlands, nice small town, many people her age, and a few nice buildings to rent in
I haven't been to Atlantic Highlands in years. Loved it there. An old neighbor of mine in Hamilton Township was from Atlantic Highlands. Her father owned a body shop there. He's since passed away and one of the son's has it now.

In fact, I just called him this past Saturday to get his sister's phone number. She moved from Hamilton years ago and I wanted to try to get in touch with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey