Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 03:17 PM

877 posts, read 2,838,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark4444 View Post
Well thats great for you, I'm glad you found the greatest place on earth. Its all perspective.

As for your ambulance story, what does that have to do with anything? My father was seriously injured in an ambulance accident in North Carolina because the driver was texting. Because an emt can't fnd a house has absolutely nothing to do with the services.
It took them over a half hour to get there. I'm sorry but there is something wrong with that.

Quote:
And what are you talking about Freehold Raceway Mall, at Christmas time every mall in America is crowded. But even then its not nearly as bad as most malls that have that many anchor stores. And there are still very affordable store in the mall, JCP, Heritage, H&M, Sears and other stores. Yes they have high end stores, and a nice selection of them.
I find my twin malls - Woodbridge and Menlo - much more manageable. Traffic there gets heavy, yes, but it's still manageable. The kicker at Raceway is the roads there that are generally in poor condition and functionally obsolete. It's crowded there and you still have the same old country roads. That is what I mean by infrastructure, or a lack thereof.

Quote:
I happen to agree Manalapan was poorly master developed, but thats one town. And Middletown is old and unkept? Tell that to the people along Navesink river rd, or anyone living in Chapel Hill section. Even off of nut swamp the area is still beautiful.
Well at least we agree on one thing. Middletown has many ugly areas as well, esp along Rt 35 and the Belford area it's pretty dumpy. The schools were real blighted 10 years ago. Perth Amboy High was in better shape than those two. I imagine you would know that since you are a life long resident.

Quote:
As for the mixture of class, Ocean Grove is minutes from Asbury. Minutes from the beautiful new restaurants and condos. Beverly Hills is minutes from some of the worst slums in America, but that's what makes it great, that people can be accepting of those less fortunate and not have a pretentious attitude about it. I live and work with locals from Interlaken and Ocean Grove, we plant flowers in the town and work together to have clothing drives and various fundraising for the less fortunate kids of Asbury. I have a good friend who runs parenting classes for unwed mothers so they can climb out of their positions of poverty.
Black and white, no grey left. No middle class left. Most of those people probably have a guilt complex. The two extreme contrasts it has in common with every Northern NJ county.

Quote:
And if you want seclusion and little traffic I truly recommend you take a ride through upper Freehold, Millstone, or Cream Ridge. Walk around Lake Assupink or Rising sun lake and tell me that is not stunning.
Flat farmland doesn't do much for me personally. I find the mountainous areas up in Sussex County or the pristine perfectness of the Pine Barrens in South Jersey much more stunning.

Quote:
And Colts Neck has always been a wealthy town, and even along 537 the amount of farms is still substantial.

And if going to a town makes you sick, I recommend you seek therapy, that obviously shows that you are not a stable person that a town could make you "sick." How could something evoke that many emotions just by driving through?

And below average schools? What on earth are you talking about? Monmouth County continually comes up for having some of the best schools in country. You are uneducated, negative and close minded. I'm glad you no longer live in Monmouth County, because if you can't treasure something great you don't deserve it. There is a very diverse population, there is still middle class, people from all walks of life, Jewish, black, white, Spanish, Indian, Asian etc, rich, poor, middle class. And the last place in NJ you would live? If you have a problem with Asbury, what makes you think Camden County would be better...traffic, and closest to the most dangerous city in the U.S. Or the "Pretentious" countryside of Bergen county, double the traffic, and triple the cost of living. I happen to love Bergen and find it to be well worth the cost of living also.
I may have my issues, but feeling the need to personally attack me on here and putting me down like a piece of dirt says a lot about your character, that it fits the snotty Marlboro/Manalapan stereotype like a glove. You are proving me right. For the record I have a bachelors degree, I am both intelligent and educated. That is more than most people can say for themselves. I've overcome more obstacles in 25 years on this earth than most people can ever dream of.

As for Camden County, my mother grew up in Cherry Hill, an affluent suburb of Philadelphia with schools ranked much higher than any of the ones in the Freehold Regional District. Only place you have to look is NJ montly 2010 school rankings. Not my opinion, fact. Camden itself, as well as Asbury Park, Trenton and East Orange are the most disgusting places I've ever seen (been to). Camden County consists of Cherry Hill and Haddonfield - two very affluent areas - surrounded by mostly tired, blue collar, gritty areas but - let's get realistic - are still livable. Voorhees is nice too, but it has slid further than the others because it is close to some very undesirable areas like Lindenwold and Lawnside. Bordering sections of Burlington County - Evesham, Mt. Laurel, Maple Shade (Marlton area) - would be my #1 choice to live in this state. That area is my New Jersey. It is the first part of the state I ever came to know. I'll always prefer that over anything. Where I am now, in Southern Middlesex County (which closely resembles the Delaware Valley) would be a close second. I also love the New Brunswick nightlife. And it is home to the largest and most respected college in the state.

As for the shore region. Monmouth County has many fine beaches with scenic views. Beaches in Ocean, Atlantic and Cape May Counties are superior in virtually every way.

Quote:
You just like being negative, but someone realistic would see Monmouth County as a gem, which it is. I'm so glad its my home, and I count my blessings. I love the dining, atmosphere, people, the shore, and countryside. I love it, and so do most people who live here.
I hope I have explained my reasoning. When I think of Monmouth County I don't think of the shore, but those soulless snob-filled inland burbs I grew up in that have given me a bad taste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 12:11 AM

6 posts, read 19,720 times
Thumbs up Belmar,Spring Lake i move to leaving Getto hood town philly.i hate philly.love belmar nj area.

i am hannah.

well i move from philly GETTO nasty dirty hood HIGH CRIME,bad job market criminal minds lurkin' in philly daily crime roach/bug/rat infested philly where sadly we were force to live way too long where i was born raise in till we left

THANK GOD ALIVE in late 90s.

Philly get worse by the day.

and i been able to head to JERSEY! love it for years now as my older bro in red bank they like it alot low crime for years.

i am here though not too far in lovely suburban part by beach BELMAR NJ and i love it.

we are (my teen girl 15)are extremely happy here! i am late thirties.

we are so happy here and i commute back and forth to work driving at philly court(civil part)family part landlord tenant etc.
i love the shore,and love suburban belmar on borderline of beautiful nice spring lake nj.so i pick redbank,and belmar nj springlake surrounding area.

~hannah~

Old 10-26-2010, 07:30 AM

3 posts, read 5,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoelsebutcharles View Post
It took them over a half hour to get there. I'm sorry but there is something wrong with that.

I find my twin malls - Woodbridge and Menlo - much more manageable. Traffic there gets heavy, yes, but it's still manageable. The kicker at Raceway is the roads there that are generally in poor condition and functionally obsolete. It's crowded there and you still have the same old country roads. That is what I mean by infrastructure, or a lack thereof.

Well at least we agree on one thing. Middletown has many ugly areas as well, esp along Rt 35 and the Belford area it's pretty dumpy. The schools were real blighted 10 years ago. Perth Amboy High was in better shape than those two. I imagine you would know that since you are a life long resident.

Black and white, no grey left. No middle class left. Most of those people probably have a guilt complex. The two extreme contrasts it has in common with every Northern NJ county.

Flat farmland doesn't do much for me personally. I find the mountainous areas up in Sussex County or the pristine perfectness of the Pine Barrens in South Jersey much more stunning.

I may have my issues, but feeling the need to personally attack me on here and putting me down like a piece of dirt says a lot about your character, that it fits the snotty Marlboro/Manalapan stereotype like a glove. You are proving me right. For the record I have a bachelors degree, I am both intelligent and educated. That is more than most people can say for themselves. I've overcome more obstacles in 25 years on this earth than most people can ever dream of.

As for Camden County, my mother grew up in Cherry Hill, an affluent suburb of Philadelphia with schools ranked much higher than any of the ones in the Freehold Regional District. Only place you have to look is NJ montly 2010 school rankings. Not my opinion, fact. Camden itself, as well as Asbury Park, Trenton and East Orange are the most disgusting places I've ever seen (been to). Camden County consists of Cherry Hill and Haddonfield - two very affluent areas - surrounded by mostly tired, blue collar, gritty areas but - let's get realistic - are still livable. Voorhees is nice too, but it has slid further than the others because it is close to some very undesirable areas like Lindenwold and Lawnside. Bordering sections of Burlington County - Evesham, Mt. Laurel, Maple Shade (Marlton area) - would be my #1 choice to live in this state. That area is my New Jersey. It is the first part of the state I ever came to know. I'll always prefer that over anything. Where I am now, in Southern Middlesex County (which closely resembles the Delaware Valley) would be a close second. I also love the New Brunswick nightlife. And it is home to the largest and most respected college in the state.

As for the shore region. Monmouth County has many fine beaches with scenic views. Beaches in Ocean, Atlantic and Cape May Counties are superior in virtually every way.

I hope I have explained my reasoning. When I think of Monmouth County I don't think of the shore, but those soulless snob-filled inland burbs I grew up in that have given me a bad taste.

First, you are far more pretentious, elitist than anyone I know, You speak down about underprivileged areas, and make seem as if you are far more intelligent than anyone "soul less" person who would live in Monmouth. Your malls are 2x more crowded, traffic to get there etc. I don't even need to debate this, there is no debate, your wrong.

As for your comment about Perth Amboy, the buildings may be nicer. Education not even. As for your other stupid comment, Middletown is a mixed class/culture community. Areas with nothing but Millionaires, others with all middle class, and parts like Leonardo with all working class.

And Most of these people have a guilt complex? Or how about they are caring dedicated people, many of my friends come from nothing, so when they can help children and families climb out of poverty they do that. It's called being self less or a role model, which obviously you are neither because you are too busy looking down at these areas. And these people who help, especially in my town of Ocean Grove, are as about the most diverse and accepting people there are. We have black, white, rich, middle class, poor, old school Methodist and alternative lifestyle couples, who all faced one struggle or another, who see giving back to the community as a part of their need to help others, not some guilt complex. This also goes into another area, where you look down upon the people, the entrepreneurs and business owners of the more affluent area, who worked hard and now employ people and have much more stress keeping businesses afloat to make sure that workers are paid and their families are taken care of. Yes there are some greedy, but there's selfish people of all classes, so just because a person is rich has nothing to do with what kind of person they are.

As for your simply idiotic statement about western Monmouth being flat, drive down Meirs rd in Cream Ridge, Millstone rd in Millstone, or Emelys Hill in Upper Freehold. Far from flat, but since you have such a warped sense of reality, it does not shock me that you see past the beauty of this area.

And as for your comment that I personally attacked you, you quoted me and brought this. I was simply stating the positives I see in the area. Not quoting anyone, but giving my personal opinion and stand point that is different from yours.

And again I'm the snob but you look down on people. Hmmm. Having a college education has nothing to do with knowledge on demographics, I have my MBA, but does that mean I can perform open heart surgery? As for your victim status, save it for Oprah. I know people who struggle tremendously more than you'd ever dream. My sister is a nurse, working in Haiti right now. She is working with the most unfortunate people in the world, so you get no sympathy from me. Everyone has struggles, but not everyone try's to get Internet sympathy for it. Growing up in a poor family, with various other struggles, I used the rich of various towns as role models, promising myself I wouldnt be in my situation forever. I could have played victim and went on to bash the rich behind my key board, but instead I used them as an example on how life could be. My point is everyone goes through struggles and don't for a second think yours are harder than others.

And time to address your other stupid comment. Having a son with down syndrome I know first hand that FRHSD is one of, if not the best in the state. They have a pep special needs program, where the teachers give their heart and souls into their students education. Where the teachers treat the kids as if they were their own. As for the rest of the district, they have career opportunity programs catered to helping students of all class, get the best education they need to service them in life, whether it be for continuing onto college, or going into the work force. And you want to look at tests scores, Holmdel scored continually highest for the state for the past decade. When you say idiotic statements, I feel the need to stand up for the teachers and students of FRHSD, who truly give their everything, provide a safe and understanding learning environment. Many people choose the school for its special ed program, so even if the best teachers are there, and the students work their hardest, sometimes their best effort and education will land them a lower score on their test, but it was truly a higher score for their personal abilities. This is not to be mistaken though, the district scores extremely high on standardized tests.

As for your comment about Cape May, it is beautiful. Go 15 mins outside of down town and you could swear you're in Alabama. I think Spring Lake, Sea Bright, Rumson, Deal, Mansquan and Ocean Grove all defend themselves for being amazing shore towns.

But thanks again for not living in Monmouth, we don't need anyone here who doesn't treasure it. We will never agree, you are far too elitist and negative. I love where I live and I'm glad you are not near it.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:32 AM

1,110 posts, read 4,371,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoelsebutcharles View Post

Agree with you 100%. All these comments are true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey