Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 07:06 PM

1,793 posts, read 3,348,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbay View Post
The areas around Cape May court house are very nice...Nice homes, close to the beaches, also the
Delaware bay side is nice....Court House is a nice town...better then my home town in Gloucester county...
I didn't get to see Court House today. It takes me a bit over 2 hours to get to CM City, so I only had 2 hours to hang out down there. I looked up a couple of the homes I've seen on the net in Lower Township, but didn't like the environment at all. Very disappointed. I think the area was Whitesboro.

The upside was that after 22 years of owning dogs (Dobies primarily), I took my first to see the ocean on the Cove beach at Cape May. She was pretty freaked out by the new smells (clam and crab shells, salt air, etc.,) and was "outraged" that seagulls were allowed to share her new fun place. We even got our feet wet. But the best part was that a male German Shepherd the size of a small horse fell in love with her...could NOT stop kissing her until she finally tried to hide between my knees for refuge

But as far as off-shore neighborhoods go, I wasn't impressed: lots of ramshackle somewhat dilapidated homes peppered in between by god-awful new family developments. Guess I'll have to check out Court House on my next run.

Long day...thanks so much for all your input. If there's any further suggestions/ideas/opinions, feel free to fire away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 06:12 AM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
I'm sorry you were disappointed. Try Upper Twp next time. Is there a way you can spend a little more time here to look than just driving down for the day?

Old 04-15-2010, 07:39 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsurv View Post
I think the area was Whitesboro.
Whitesboro is an rather small, African-American historic town.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I'm sorry you were disappointed. Try Upper Twp next time. Is there a way you can spend a little more time here to look than just driving down for the day?
In time, i'll be able to do that, Ocn. Right now my mom is hospicing with me here at my home, and although i hire a part-time caregiver for her, i really shouldn't leave her for long. i was just getting sooooo antsy to get to the ocean and look around that i made an exception for the day.

What do you think of CLERMONT?

Old 04-15-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Whitesboro is an rather small, African-American historic town.
OH...well, i didn't notice many people, just that the properties were badly kept and a sign that said that the streets i was wandering were in a flood zone...

Last edited by soulsurv; 04-15-2010 at 01:57 PM..

Old 04-16-2010, 05:29 AM

I don't know anything at all about Clermont, sorry! A lot of these towns are so small you can blink and be through them, and there is no reason for most of us to travel to them!

Old 04-16-2010, 08:01 AM

152 posts, read 465,498 times
Clermont?....It depends on how far from the beaches you want to live...I came down from Gloucester
county years ago, its a freaking zoo up there now, I would never go back...You'll like Court house area.
The homes are more expensive but worth it....This area includes Dias Creek...nice homes....Not a big
fan of upper township...I want easy access to the bay and ocean.....

Old 04-16-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbay View Post
Clermont?....It depends on how far from the beaches you want to live...I came down from Gloucester
county years ago, its a freaking zoo up there now, I would never go back...You'll like Court house area.
The homes are more expensive but worth it....This area includes Dias Creek...nice homes....Not a big
fan of upper township...I want easy access to the bay and ocean.....
You're former Gloucester County? Always loved driving around there and would often drive over the Commodare Barry from PA to get some of the wonderful fruits & veggies at Rosies on 322 . I particularly liked East Greenwich Twpshp. of Mount Royal, Mickleton & Clarksboro. But the Mullica Hill 322 area is an utter DISGRACE with traffic jams.

yes...Courthouse may be too pricey for me - and I'm really not interested in the traditional "family" neighborhoods: too noisy and crowded. I still will take a look there, though. Thanks

Old 04-16-2010, 06:03 PM

I worked in North Cape May today and told a co-worker about your plight. When I mentioned you didn't like Whitesboro, she was not surprised you were disappointed, apparently it is known as an area that has pretty much gone to pot . She suggested you try Dennisville. I think that's Upper Twp but it may be between that and Middle. She said there were a lot of homes with land, which I know you wanted, but also a nicely kept area. As for flooding, apparently that's a crap shoot. She said she saw places flood this winter that have never flooded before. She also wondered if you had called any real estate agents and told them what you are looking for to get some town suggestions?

Old 04-16-2010, 06:55 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,174 times
Dennisville, south dennis, swainton, south seville, clermont are all in the same area and worth looking into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey