U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 07:19 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,440,760 times

Advertisements

Hey, All! The Jersey realtor with whom I'm corresponding doesn't seem to get the "intangibles" I'm asking about, so I thought I'd ask here. Among Lower, Middle and Upper Townships, what's the basic difference in the vibes? Is one area more laid back than the other? More restrictive in property codes? (guess that's a tangible ) I'm just wondering if there's a discernible difference in overall attitudes. Anyone want to take a crack at this one? I'd be most appreciative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 05:37 AM

No CMers can comment on this? Perhaps there really is no difference? I'm going to try and get down there, just for a couple of hours, this week and drive by a few of the homes in my budget:One in each township.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:48 AM

152 posts, read 396,167 times
Lower has the Villas, considered by some a little on the low class side..but I like it...Of course you get
down to Cape May and that's a different story...North Cape May...To me a little to congested...Some
areas of Middle have a country feel to it....yet your close to Stone harbor and Court house, the hospital
ect....Very convenient in my opinion...Parts of upper like Marmora are close to Somers point and Ac....
Anyway its a wide area and depends on what you are looking for...and what you want to pay...I'll be
putting my house on the market soon ...If I sell, I'm sure I'll miss this area somewhat..but not the winter.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:55 AM

2,665 posts, read 3,336,109 times
Upper, Lower, Middle, and Dennis are quite diverse. . . although it'd be tough to argue against upper. What are the towns?

Old 04-12-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Upper, Lower, Middle, and Dennis are quite diverse. . . although it'd be tough to argue against upper. What are the towns?
Do you mean diverse within themselves or diverse from each other? I think the towns of Mamora, Seaville, Petersberg are in Upper. I didn't even know there was a Dennis Township Better get my map out before I go down on Wednesday. I'm only accustomed to zooming through all those off-shore towns to get to Cape May City.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:58 PM

17,205 posts, read 14,812,677 times
They've always seemed pretty much the same to me. A mix of nice new homes and trailer parks, a lot of senior citizens, mostly very conservative politically but some pockets of liberalism here and there. What would you like to know more specifically? I am not sure I know these areas in the depth you need, but I'll try to help.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They've always seemed pretty much the same to me. A mix of nice new homes and trailer parks, a lot of senior citizens, mostly very conservative politically but some pockets of liberalism here and there. What would you like to know more specifically? I am not sure I know these areas in the depth you need, but I'll try to help.
Thanks, Ocnjgirl. Hmmm....new homes and trailer parks. Interesting. Conservative is fine by me. Is there any area which seems rather neglected? Do people keep their pets nicely (stray dogs running the streets)? Would any of the townships be considered more middle class? On the whole do they seem more relaxed than the overcrowded burbs (from which I'm escaping)? I'm having some reservations on a couple of things, but perhaps I'll feel better when I tour the towns. I'll observe more when I'm down there this week when my Dobie girl will get her first look at the ocean . THANKS for your input.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:15 AM

17,205 posts, read 14,812,677 times
None of the areas seem more neglected or more middle class, but again, the more rural parts are going to look much different than the areas with subdivisions, in any of the particular townships. Yes, all of them are more relaxed than the burbs. Keep us updated!

Old 04-13-2010, 07:04 AM

2,665 posts, read 3,336,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsurv View Post
Do you mean diverse within themselves or diverse from each other? I think the towns of Mamora, Seaville, Petersberg are in Upper. I didn't even know there was a Dennis Township Better get my map out before I go down on Wednesday. I'm only accustomed to zooming through all those off-shore towns to get to Cape May City.
within themselves. in upper, for instance, there is quite a difference between strathmere, marmora, steelmantown. all nice towns but different.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:46 PM

152 posts, read 396,167 times
The areas around Cape May court house are very nice...Nice homes, close to the beaches, also the
Delaware bay side is nice....Court House is a nice town...better then my home town in Gloucester county...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or