Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 05:52 PM

46 posts, read 94,853 times

Advertisements

Which towns have nothing but whites and hispanics? With very little of everything else. And preferably that they aren't isolated from each other or anything like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 06:18 PM

18,423 posts, read 15,163,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDWP View Post
Which towns have nothing but whites and hispanics? With very little of everything else. And preferably that they aren't isolated from each other or anything like that.
Good luck with that. Though I believe most towns in NJ are not separated by race, but by socioeconomic status. In NJ, segregation of the races is usually an unfortunate byproduct of that.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:21 PM

825 posts, read 3,155,225 times
Quote:
i'm not gonna lie... that's kind of a bizarre question, haha. it could be taken the wrong way by some. with all honesty though it's hard to find town that are specifically white and hispanic. towns with decent amounts of white and hispanic people, also usually have a decent amounts of everything else... these types of towns are usually pretty diverse.

but if this is a serious question, one thats coming off the top of my head is Clifton. the percentages of whites and hispanics are far greater than those of the other groups, which have single digit percentages, with the whites and hispanics being in the 40's. this is also the case in Kearny as well. you could possibly even include Belleville, Bayonne, and Garfield on your list too.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:25 PM

4,285 posts, read 10,736,808 times
I used to live in Clifton and its pretty much only white people and hispanics. Not too many black people at all.

Probably split somewhere around 2/3 white, 1/3 spanish. I wouldnt mind living there again

Old 04-12-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post
i'm not gonna lie... that's kind of a bizarre question, haha. it could be taken the wrong way by some. with all honesty though it's hard to find town that are specifically white and hispanic. towns with decent amounts of white and hispanic people, also usually have a decent amounts of everything else... these types of towns are usually pretty diverse.

but if this is a serious question, one thats coming off the top of my head is Clifton. the percentages of whites and hispanics are far greater than those of the other groups, which have single digit percentages, with the whites and hispanics being in the 40's. this is also the case in Kearny as well. you could possibly even include Belleville, Bayonne, and Garfield on your list too.
So out of those towns, none of them have any racial tension or issues between these two groups?

Old 04-12-2010, 08:14 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,788,126 times
Quote:
May i ask why not Black people? It seems a little odd

Old 04-12-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
May i ask why not Black people? It seems a little odd
After living in Newark my whole life, I'd decided I'd rather not deal with blacks anymore

Not that hispanics are that much better, but I can't completely reject my roots. So might as well make the best of it while I can. I do plan on moving to the southwest eventually.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:46 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,788,126 times
Quote:
After living in Newark my whole life, I'd decided I'd rather not deal with blacks anymore

Not that hispanics are that much better, but I can't completely reject my roots. So might as well make the best of it while I can. I do plan on moving to the southwest eventually.
That's very rude and as a black person its offensive. Not all of us are drug dealers or rude ppl. If you think that then you need a reality check. Every race has its problems. If you don't want to see a black person then move to the Rockies. Demonizing one race will cause you to have problems in your life.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
That's very rude and as a black person its offensive. Not all of us are drug dealers or rude ppl. If you think that then you need a reality check. Every race has its problems. If you don't want to see a black person then move to the Rockies. Demonizing one race will cause you to have problems in your life.
Not all, but the vast majority. I'm not gonna start a race war thread here, but this is just the way I feel. And it comes from a life long experience. I don't complain when I hear whites and blacks saying racist stuff about latinos. Sure it sucks, but that's their right to feel that way. I'm no one to judge. Besides, I know there are still places that I can go, where I will be accepted. And that there are plenty of white women who like olive skinned guys. No point getting butt hurt about the people who don't.

I honestly don't see what the problem is here

Old 04-12-2010, 08:55 PM

Not to mention black girls literally throw themselves at me. Even tho I don't like black chicks at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey