Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 07:08 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,573,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by icibiu View Post
Great post nina! The minibuses are definitely reliable and as far as sticking to NJT, you could have gone to the city and come back on one of the mini buses before the NJT bus even shows up.
Wow, NJT is that bad. How do the mini buses stack up against the Path trains if I lived in Harrison?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 07:46 PM

381 posts, read 1,309,238 times
The private minibuses are more frequent than the PATH (I used to live in Hoboken). My hubby used to miss the PATH, but the other day he said he'd forgotten how long the waits could be at night. My only hesitation wd be if you expect to rely on the buses at, say, 2 or 3 am. I just don't know what they're like at that hour. But you can always take a PATH to Hoboken and then cab it to Weehawken for about $15 plus tip (more for WNY).

If you're near Blvd E or Park Ave in Weehawken or WNY, you don't have to choose bet. NJT & private - you get both!

Old 05-13-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninasimonejr View Post
The private minibuses are more frequent than the PATH (I used to live in Hoboken). My hubby used to miss the PATH, but the other day he said he'd forgotten how long the waits could be at night. My only hesitation wd be if you expect to rely on the buses at, say, 2 or 3 am. I just don't know what they're like at that hour. But you can always take a PATH to Hoboken and then cab it to Weehawken for about $15 plus tip (more for WNY).

If you're near Blvd E or Park Ave in Weehawken or WNY, you don't have to choose bet. NJT & private - you get both!

I doubt I would be out that late, but it would be nice to have there be an option in case I choose to stay out. I guess late night is advantage Path.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:27 PM

381 posts, read 1,309,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
I doubt I would be out that late, but it would be nice to have there be an option in case I choose to stay out. I guess late night is advantage Path.
Or just take a cab from Manhattan. It wouldn't be any more than a cab to the airport ($45-$52 from here to Newark depending on time of day). Personally I find the PATH schedule late at night completely unworkable. Two an hour maybe? A friend in JC used to visit me in Hoboken and if she stayed past midnight I often made her spend the night rather than go hang out in the PATH station by herself. I guess you could wait in a bar. Plenty of those in Hoboken!

Old 05-13-2010, 02:12 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,887,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninasimonejr View Post
Or just take a cab from Manhattan. It wouldn't be any more than a cab to the airport ($45-$52 from here to Newark depending on time of day). Personally I find the PATH schedule late at night completely unworkable. Two an hour maybe? A friend in JC used to visit me in Hoboken and if she stayed past midnight I often made her spend the night rather than go hang out in the PATH station by herself. I guess you could wait in a bar. Plenty of those in Hoboken!
A cab from manhattan is insane- $50 worth of transportation is half a monthly unlimited metro card. If anyone is planning on taking more than one of these per year, then they probably should not live in WNY/Weehawken- there's NJT bus until 3:30AM each night on blvd east, it was 24/7 until the recent round of cuts.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:13 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,887,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
Wow, NJT is that bad. How do the mini buses stack up against the Path trains if I lived in Harrison?
NJT is not bad, one of them comes every few minutes to nyc. The point is during rush hour especially, there is a van bus every 90 seconds, lol.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent77 View Post
A cab from manhattan is insane- $50 worth of transportation is half a monthly unlimited metro card. If anyone is planning on taking more than one of these per year, then they probably should not live in WNY/Weehawken- there's NJT bus until 3:30AM each night on blvd east, it was 24/7 until the recent round of cuts.

Whoa, $50 is pricey.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent77 View Post

That's not bad. If they don't stop until 3:30 then what time do they start up again in the morning? I would assume before 5.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:18 PM

I saw a listing for a place in West New York on blvd east for $1250 a month is that extremely rare or do prices like that come up often? I always assumed right on the blvd would be more expensive than that.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:23 PM

I found a new area that is interesting to me, it is the area around the border of Weehawken and Union City near the reservoir. Is it as nice as it looks? How is transportation there, is it as good as on blvd east? I have also found some places along Park Ave. right behind the Lincoln Tunnel entrance and also looking at a place around St. Mary's park. How are those areas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey