U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-28-2010, 05:04 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,111 posts, read 11,839,277 times
Reputation: 7483

Advertisements

There comes a time, when a man must make a decision, to leave or to stay. Being on City-Data for a few years now, I’ve learned a lot, argued a lot and made some online friends.

But what has changed here about people opinions…nothing. All we appear to do is argue back and forth on who’s right, but nothing changes. Mind you City-Data is a great site and has a lot of other info, but time is precious. Back around Christmas I took a few weeks off the site since there was nothing but fighting going on. Came back and nothing changed. It’s sort of like a soap opera. You can leave for a few years and watch the show again and you’re up to par again, because it’s like playing the old game of “pong”. The little while cube goes back and forth, but nothing really happens.

Like I said, time is precious and I spend way to much time online. Something has to give.

This will be my last posting on the 2 sites that I visit the most. New Jersey and politics-other-controversies.

So, I would like to thank those here for their bantering and others for their friendship, but thanking everyone is what’s important. I am also hoping that the mods leave this up for people who want to contact me, can reach me at mpbsr25@aol.com.

I thank you all again and my God Bless everyone here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-28-2010, 05:10 PM
 
Location: On the Rails in Northern NJ
12,381 posts, read 22,586,674 times
Reputation: 4504
Oh no please stay or join the site i use , less fighting LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 05:13 PM
 
10 posts, read 19,953 times
Reputation: 11
i am new here from nj though south plainfield i live in for years now however born raise in new brunswick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 05:20 PM
 
Location: On the Rails in Northern NJ
12,381 posts, read 22,586,674 times
Reputation: 4504
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherParalegalLSW View Post
i am new here from nj though south plainfield i live in for years now however born raise in new brunswick.
huh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 05:23 PM
 
5,704 posts, read 12,792,249 times
Reputation: 9002
I agree with you. Little of the forum is helpful to others, rather a lot of "I'm right" and "You're wrong." Sad, because other forums are geared towards questions and inquiries and provide insightful advice.

I grew up in NJ and spent most of my adult life there. When I read some of the "discussions" on this forum, I fear people outside the state are turned off by the "attitudes." Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 05:29 PM
 
Location: On the Rails in Northern NJ
12,381 posts, read 22,586,674 times
Reputation: 4504
Maybe someone can create a Just Jersey or Northeastern US Site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2010, 02:35 PM
 
Location: NJ
12,284 posts, read 30,897,746 times
Reputation: 5190
we're all guilty of getting ugly (maybe with the exception of mike0421), including yourself who used the term corslime in nearly every NJ governor post prior to November. and you wonder why people react they way they do...it's happening now, except the shoe's on the other foot, with people calling Christie fat.

seriously though, i wish you the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2010, 02:44 PM
 
Location: High Bridge, NJ
3,858 posts, read 8,036,025 times
Reputation: 3316
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
But what has changed here about people opinions…nothing. All we appear to do is argue back and forth on who’s right, but nothing changes. Mind you City-Data is a great site and has a lot of other info, but time is precious. Back around Christmas I took a few weeks off the site since there was nothing but fighting going on. Came back and nothing changed. It’s sort of like a soap opera. You can leave for a few years and watch the show again and you’re up to par again, because it’s like playing the old game of “pong”. The little while cube goes back and forth, but nothing really happens.
There's no question that what is discussed at this place is utterly meaningless, but something inside compels me to argue with people I don't know whenever I'm waiting for a large file to download, on a boring conference call, or eating lunch at my desk. I get what you're saying though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2010, 10:57 PM
 
13,449 posts, read 14,420,677 times
Reputation: 7635
Stick around.

Me, I'd rather debate virtual strangers.

I've got better things to do when I'm physically with my friends and acquainitances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2010, 04:06 AM
 
1,082 posts, read 1,855,814 times
Reputation: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
There comes a time, when a man must make a decision, to leave or to stay. Being on City-Data for a few years now, I’ve learned a lot, argued a lot and made some online friends.

But what has changed here about people opinions…nothing. All we appear to do is argue back and forth on who’s right, but nothing changes. Mind you City-Data is a great site and has a lot of other info, but time is precious. Back around Christmas I took a few weeks off the site since there was nothing but fighting going on. Came back and nothing changed. It’s sort of like a soap opera. You can leave for a few years and watch the show again and you’re up to par again, because it’s like playing the old game of “pong”. The little while cube goes back and forth, but nothing really happens.

Like I said, time is precious and I spend way to much time online. Something has to give.

This will be my last posting on the 2 sites that I visit the most. New Jersey and politics-other-controversies.

So, I would like to thank those here for their bantering and others for their friendship, but thanking everyone is what’s important. I am also hoping that the mods leave this up for people who want to contact me, can reach me at mpbsr25@aol.com.

I thank you all again and my God Bless everyone here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherParalegalLSW View Post
i am new here from nj though south plainfield i live in for years now however born raise in new brunswick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
huh
Heather thought he said "bong".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:41 PM.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top