Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 06:06 AM

27 posts, read 100,795 times

Advertisements

So, I'm under contract for a town house in society hill in newark. Everytime I go there it seems quiet. What are your opinions about this community? Are you happy living there? Any burglaries/robberies? Do you guys feel safe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 09:59 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,851,140 times
Where exactly in Newark is this, it varies neighborhood by Neighborhood.....Society Hill? Never heard of it , it think its clumped up into Downtown....

Old 05-01-2010, 11:12 PM

195 posts, read 396,115 times
Society Hill is on the western edge of downtown, by the Essex county court house and Essex county collage,from what I hear it is safe.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:43 AM

431 posts, read 942,613 times
I closed on my townhouse last year and as an asian I could say i was really nervous at first but now i love it and wish i moved here sooner. The people are cool the only thing i wish was my garage was attached instead of detachd. Its a pain lugging up groceries sometime so I need to get a fridge for the garage. I take the light rail to work and buses are all over the place.

The place is changing really fast for the better and our values will go up. Crime is nill/none I didn't even turn on my security alarm yet

Old 05-02-2010, 07:56 AM

2,388 posts, read 2,340,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Where exactly in Newark is this, it varies neighborhood by Neighborhood.....Society Hill? Never heard of it , it think its clumped up into Downtown....
Society Hill is a cluster of (mostly)gated complexes in the University Heights area next to downtown. S. Orange Ave, Springfield Ave. and Market Street run right through them.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
Society Hill is a cluster of (mostly)gated complexes in the University Heights area next to downtown. S. Orange Ave, Springfield Ave. and Market Street run right through them.

No gates, but it has its own security team that patrols

Old 05-02-2010, 01:49 PM

thanks liam...the unit im under contract for is on matthews drive...the garage is attached and leads to a family room...its good to see you have no complaints... i love the layout of the community, i grew up in newark and live in bergen county, and when i tell people im moving to newark they look at me sideways... but i see potential in society hill !

Old 05-02-2010, 01:51 PM

And what changes are you referring to? Any new developments in the immediate area that will increase value?

The place is changing really fast for the better and our values will go up. Crime is nill/none I didn't even turn on my security alarm yet[/quote]

Old 05-02-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getzit View Post
And what changes are you referring to? Any new developments in the immediate area that will increase value?

The place is changing really fast for the better and our values will go up. Crime is nill/none I didn't even turn on my security alarm yet
[/quote]

gateway.njit.edu
greekvillage.njit.edu

http://newarkrising.com/forum/

Old 06-12-2010, 08:00 PM

2 posts, read 14,051 times
I was just told that this is a very dangerous neighborhood.... I saw a 2 BR and. I'm interested in making an offer but I'm worried its a bad neighborhood!?? I have. A 3 year old and worry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey