Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 11:51 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,202,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkorpion View Post
==========================

Check out NJ Cure - I had a better deal with them than Geico, NJM and Liberty Mutual.
consider that NJM owns NJcure, probable reason for the rate quotes is your driving and or credit rating, NJM will not accept you even if you meet their requirments, if you have a blemished credit or driving record
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 12:10 PM

13 posts, read 49,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh428 View Post
any1 move from new york to new jersey and see any significant changes in their policy's price?

i know brooklyn and queens are the two highest priced insurance in the country...so i expect it to be lower...but has anyone moved from either and see a big change or just a little difference when they got to nj? thanks.
We did. When we lived in Brooklyn we were paying a lot, and we had one old, used car. We now have 2 cars (still pretty old and used, lol) and pay a lot less here in NJ. You're going to definitely see a difference.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:11 PM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,199,783 times
Default Nice to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
consider that NJM owns NJcure, probable reason for the rate quotes is your driving and or credit rating, NJM will not accept you even if you meet their requirments, if you have a blemished credit or driving record
=====

I only have one speeding ticket from like five years ago and am still getting penalized for it?...my credit is great so I was a little suprised at the rate NJM quoted. I initially had Liberty Mutual for like 7yrs then donated the car due to an issue with the extended warranty (1source auto) company which went out of business. There was no need for me to purchase a $6500 engine by myself so I let the car go and cancelled the insurance.

I used public transport for about one year and decided I needed a car so when I bought a new car and started looking for insurance I was surprised at the rates I was being dealt.

My license has never been suspended and I have not received anymore speeding tickets than the one I had 5yrs ago for 2pts.

So is it a NJ thing or they were just messing with me...

Old 06-15-2007, 12:14 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,680,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
njm owns nj-reinsurance - i thought nj cure was a totally separate co.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkorpion View Post
=====

I only have one speeding ticket from like five years ago and am still getting penalized for it?...my credit is great so I was a little suprised at the rate NJM quoted. I initially had Liberty Mutual for like 7yrs then donated the car due to an issue with the extended warranty (1source auto) company which went out of business. There was no need for me to purchase a $6500 engine by myself so I let the car go and cancelled the insurance.

I used public transport for about one year and decided I needed a car so when I bought a new car and started looking for insurance I was surprised at the rates I was being dealt.

My license has never been suspended and I have not received anymore speeding tickets than the one I had 5yrs ago for 2pts.

So is it a NJ thing or they were just messing with me...

you have a lapse in coverage, that could be what they're holding against you

Old 06-15-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
you could be right, again

Old 06-15-2007, 05:32 PM
ehs ehs started this thread

341 posts, read 2,296,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
My brother in law got NJ CURE and seems to be cheap at $1,000+ since they only accept very good record drivers; however, his kid, after 16 years old for learning and 17 got driver license, (that's bad drivers! ) then, all off a sudden, it double to $2,000 ...

Old 06-15-2007, 07:00 PM

11,339 posts, read 16,693,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance = #1 THE BEST.

If you can get it, take it. You get rebates/dividends. Great rates. Great service.
+2........

Old 06-16-2007, 02:13 AM

1,706 posts, read 3,307,769 times
I recall when I was in NJ years ago the rates were rediculous with Allstate, increasing their charges for no reason, and not getting anymore out of it. I did some research and found Prudential was offering double the coverage for a great savings - about 30-50% less. A few letters and post cards inside for an easy return reply was a very worthwhile investment for me at the time. Shopping around by phone or by I'net may be equally as useful. On top of that, the Prudential 'Rock' is Snake Hill just outside of Secaucus, making it a solid NJ company. Good luck.

Old 06-16-2007, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Atoms View Post
I recall when I was in NJ years ago the rates were rediculous with Allstate, increasing their charges for no reason, and not getting anymore out of it. I did some research and found Prudential was offering double the coverage for a great savings - about 30-50% less. A few letters and post cards inside for an easy return reply was a very worthwhile investment for me at the time. Shopping around by phone or by I'net may be equally as useful. On top of that, the Prudential 'Rock' is Snake Hill just outside of Secaucus, making it a solid NJ company. Good luck.
I hate to burst your urban myth, but that rock in the pru logo is the rock of Gibraltar, not snake hill which has been recently cut in half
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey