Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 04:37 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,860,945 times

Advertisements

I can't get NJM. We've been using Progressive for quite a few years (moved back to NJ right when Prog moved into NJ). I found NJ Cure to be a pain in the butt. I could not do anything online (change policy, make payments, etc.) and they were only open until about 3 in the afternoon and nobody ever answered the phone. Maybe they have fixed that.

We pay $100 a month for 1 small car, 2 drivers with comprehensive coverage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 06:57 AM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,200,055 times
Default They are getting better

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
I can't get NJM. We've been using Progressive for quite a few years (moved back to NJ right when Prog moved into NJ). I found NJ Cure to be a pain in the butt. I could not do anything online (change policy, make payments, etc.) and they were only open until about 3 in the afternoon and nobody ever answered the phone. Maybe they have fixed that.

We pay $100 a month for 1 small car, 2 drivers with comprehensive coverage.
=======

Hey Joe M,

I believe NJ Cure is getting its game together - I remember I did the quote online and even signed up online but had to call in to finalize everything. Also they are open a little longer than 3pm now if I remember correctly I think its 5pm or so.

Remember they are affiliated with a healthcare credit union or something so they wouldn't have enough $$$$$$$$$$$ to compete against the big boys...but all I can say is they have been good to me.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:25 AM

24 posts, read 114,347 times
Default insurance

i think Travelers is the best, I had it for 30 yrs

Old 06-17-2007, 03:01 PM

20 posts, read 132,059 times
You may not be penalized for having a lapse in coverage because you did not own a car to insure. A lapse in coverage usually means you own an uninsured vehicle.

Old 06-17-2007, 05:42 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,203,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Sunflower View Post
You may not be penalized for having a lapse in coverage because you did not own a car to insure. A lapse in coverage usually means you own an uninsured vehicle.
says who? you can and probably will get penalized for a gap in coverage

Old 07-03-2007, 07:48 PM

20 posts, read 132,059 times
Says who? The auto insurance company I work for. Think about it....how can you be penalized for not insuring something you don't own. You are not required to have an auto policy unless you own a vehicle. If you don't own a vehicle you can't have a lapse in coverage. It's as simple as that.

The important thing is you have to call the insurance company to cancel your policy if you sell, junk or donate your car. If you let the policy lapse for nonpayment of premium they could consider that as a lapse in coverage even if you no longer own the car because you did not notify them.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:12 PM

54 posts, read 90,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance = #1 THE BEST.

If you can get it, take it. You get rebates/dividends. Great rates. Great service.

NJM #1. Love the check every year!

Old 07-04-2007, 04:11 PM

51 posts, read 523,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslawinski View Post
i think Travelers is the best, I had it for 30 yrs

i agree, i got travelers when i moved here from nyc 2 years ago and they gave me the best deal by far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey