Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 03:09 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,759,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Sure they are...considering that most of the retail is catered toward the low dollar figure crowd, middle-class retail is exactly what Newark needs.

Newark doesn't need the elites right away. What it needs is a larger middle class (which makes for a much more stable tax base). After that's established it is then, that the city can start wooing elite types.
I don't want Newark to turn into the Next Elite City. I'll settle for a Low Class / Middle Class city. The People who really work and not the fake elite snobs. Thats why we have Hoboken & Jersey City. They can use some chain stores , but they should be located on the side streets. They need to clean up some of there schools , but for the most part i think Newark is doing a great job. That Strip Mall on 21 is almost full and i believe there planning to build some more.

Up Next : Leaving Newark via Train
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 04:06 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,243,985 times
Oh boy, here we go. So people in Hoboken and Jersey City do not "really work" ? That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Hypothetically, if somebody were to do a serious research poll, I'd be willing to bet a TON of money (thousands of dollars) that the people in Hoboken and Downtown Jersey City, on average, work more hours per week than in any other zip codes in the State of NJ.

Drive through Newark on a weekday afternoon, and you'll see plenty of people "really working" right? As in, sitting on their stoops with a big bottle o' something?

See how many people you see sitting on their stoops during a weekday afternoon in Hoboken or Downtown Jersey City. No really, that should be your next photo series.

Nexis, I appreciate your passion, but your post was WAY off.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Oh boy, here we go. So people in Hoboken and Jersey City do not "really work" ? That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Hypothetically, if somebody were to do a serious research poll, I'd be willing to bet a TON of money (thousands of dollars) that the people in Hoboken and Downtown Jersey City, on average, work more hours per week than in any other zip codes in the State of NJ.

Drive through Newark on a weekday afternoon, and you'll see plenty of people "really working" right? As in, sitting on their stoops with a big bottle o' something?

See how many people you see sitting on their stoops during a weekday afternoon in Hoboken or Downtown Jersey City. No really, that should be your next photo series.

Nexis, I appreciate your passion, but your post was WAY off.

What i mean't by that was people come off as harder workers , ive been to the NJ Gold Coast elite and middle class sections. They don't seem to put that much work into it. + The Middle Class / Elites in Hoboken & Downtown Jersey act like the biggest snobs in NJ. Very rude have almost no time for you. I'm not saying Newark doesn't have that problem either. But it comes off different in Newark. I go to Jersey City / Hoboken alot more then Newark. Jersey City is the Modern version of Newark or future version.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:07 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,939,489 times
Quote:
How obnoxious.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
How obnoxious.
I don't see how it's obnoxious. It is true, though.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:08 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,070,168 times
Quote:
The same could be said for parts of JC. In the end...what does it mean anyway? (meaning: just getting back at nex4jersey for his remark, or actually believing what you posted. There is a colossal difference)

Old 05-13-2010, 11:46 AM

8 posts, read 21,707 times
Quote:
Dude, just say it. You're talking about the thugs who don't have a job and have nothing else better to do than to sit on the porch all day, looking at every single car pass by and make the neighborhood look like crap and leave the impression that is what every single person in the city is like.

And the people in Hoboken and JC are rude. I don't care how many hours they work, and in order to live there you have to work hard, they're still rude. And Hoboken and downtown JC isn't cheap. Unless you're making some real money, you can't afford to live there. I don't want Newark to be totally like that.

Last edited by Reverse_Flash; 05-13-2010 at 11:57 AM..

Old 05-13-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_Flash View Post
Dude, just say it. You're talking about the thugs who don't have a job and have nothing else better to do than to sit on the porch all day, looking at every single car pass by and make the neighborhood look like crap and leave the impression that is what every single person in the city is like.

And the people in Hoboken and JC are rude. I don't care how many hours they work, and in order to live there you have to work hard, they're still rude. And Hoboken and downtown JC isn't cheap. Unless you're making some real money, you can't afford to live there. I don't want Newark to be totally like that.
Everybody in Hoboken and Downtown JC is rude?? Wow, I haven't noticed that, and I've lived here for quite a few years. I'm surrounded by some pretty damn nice and friendly people in my neighborhood.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Everybody in Hoboken and Downtown JC is rude?? Wow, I haven't noticed that, and I've lived here for quite a few years. I'm surrounded by some pretty damn nice and friendly people in my neighborhood.
They have no emotion, always on there tech gadgets. In Newark you didn't see alot of this. It remember me of my visit to Allentown,PA same stuff , no emotion. People in Newark aren't as spoiled , as the are in Downtown Jersey City / Hoboken. Of course your not going to admit that , but its just what most of us see when we visit the 2.

Leaving Newark

Newark Penn Station

North Jersey Coast line Train Eastbound to NYC

LOL , i didn't come out as I expected , you got a shot of my head .....LOL i had an itch as the train came.

YouTube - EB North Jersey Coastal Train arriving @ Newark Penn

On the North Jersey Coast line train over the Dock Bridges

YouTube - NJCL over the Dock Bridge

North Jersey Coastal line form Kearny JCT to Secacus JCT

YouTube - North Jersey Coastal line form Kearny JCT to Secacus JCT

Departing form Seacacus JCT > North Jersey Coastal Train to NY Penn Station

YouTube - Departing North Jersey Coastal Train to NY Penn Station

& That's the conclusion of this thread , i will do another one of these in a few weeks.....i have a feeling its going to be Jersey City.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:03 PM

4 posts, read 24,200 times
Tell you the truth, downtown jersey city is a ghost town when I go down there. The built it up to much and now cannot rent out any of the retail space. 1180 Raymond was around 80% rented by the first year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey