Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 01:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,791 times

Advertisements

Hello, So i am in a bit of predicament. I am trying to attend the Turkey vs Czech Republic game on the 22nd at the Red Bull Arena, the game starts at 12:30 and I have to be able to get back to richmond by 930 at the latest. Just hoping some local people can tell me if the traffic will make it impossible for me to make it. I figure the game will be over by 3:00 P.M. and if I park at the PATH station it is a 2 min ride to the stadium. Map-quest says its a 6 hour drive from PATH station to my house so hypothetically, if nothing goes wrong, I should be home by 9:00 P.M., which happens to be just in time for my girlfriends senior prom. I cant miss the prom, but I cant miss this game. Does anyone who has made the drive or anything have any advice. I mean I plan on booking it as fast as possible (within reason) and so hopefully somebody will have some experience they can share with me on this problem. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 01:42 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,782,631 times
Take Amtrak Regional form DC Union to Newark , use your AAA or something else to lower the price of the ticket. It should be 120 round-trip , and 2-3hrs , its comfortable and faster. Driving is a nightmare in Maryland , parts of Delaware due to Construction , parts of NJ , and gas is rising. There are trains every 30 -45mins. Theres almost no way , you can make that. So the Train is the only option other then flying that you could make your times. You can park at DC Union Station

Last edited by DarkWolf; 05-17-2010 at 02:01 AM..

Old 05-17-2010, 09:14 AM

3,307 posts, read 9,353,566 times
It would be hard to do that trip in 6 hours on a Saturday afternoon/evening.

You'll get bogged down in Delaware at the tolls, and in Northern Virginia between DC and Fredericksburg, and anywhere there happens to be an accident.

Amtrak might work though. Assuming 30 minutes to get to/wait for the train, 2.5 hours on the train, you'd still have 3 hours left to get from Union Station to Richmond. Northern Virginia traffic can be unpredictable, but 3 hours seems like enough to go DC-Richmond on a Saturday evening.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:24 PM

5,767 posts, read 16,526,998 times
I used to drive from NJ to Baltimore once a month for a job, about 4 hours, but always avoided as much of the NJ Pick My Pocket Turnpike, as at least in the summertime everybody is on that road. Figure whether you could get from Richmond to Baltimore in 2 hours,,and also I haven't done this trip in about 7 years.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:30 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,782,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
I used to drive from NJ to Baltimore once a month for a job, about 4 hours, but always avoided as much of the NJ Pick My Pocket Turnpike, as at least in the summertime everybody is on that road. Figure whether you could get from Richmond to Baltimore in 2 hours,,and also I haven't done this trip in about 7 years.
Are you kidding me , it takes me 3-4 hrs just to go form Baltimore - Fredricksburg with all the construction on I-95 / 495 and congestion. & Thats not even rush hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey