Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 05:35 PM

3 posts, read 17,061 times

Advertisements

I am looking into an apt in Navesink NJ. I was told the School System there is top of the line. But Could not find anything updated on the Web. Does anyone know how the area is or the school system???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 05:43 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,202,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shells40 View Post
I am looking into an apt in Navesink NJ. I was told the School System there is top of the line. But Could not find anything updated on the Web. Does anyone know how the area is or the school system???
navesink is a great place to live but take it with a huge grain of salt when told the schools are top of the line, it just isn't true. The fact is the navesink elementary school ( part of middletown twp school district) is over crowded and has many low income kids who come from either hillside or the thousand oaks apartments and they manage to bring things down a bit. Don't be discouraged by what I'm telling you, just be aware. The school is ok by public school standards. to continue, the middle school is barely passable and the high school (south) is in the lower end of the top half of the state rankings

navesink is a nice place to live otherwise, maybe you will be able to swing private schools.
good luck and PM with the address, maybe I can give you the low down on it, I just noticed you said apartments, if it's thousand oaks be very observant it looks nice but has many problems, drugs and buglaries top the list. here's an anecdote that will clue you in, middletown's police chief tok an apartment in there, and his place was burglarized

Old 06-14-2007, 05:56 PM

Thank You!! I actually am looking at Thousand Oaks I was told it is in Navesink?? I was also told by local family members Highlands the nice 1mm area on top of the hill /Leonardo/Manalapan that it is a great place to live?? Rent is about 1,500 a month I can not imagine low income affording that?? Or is it a Sec 8 place?? I also was looking at renting a house in the area. I would love to have a yard and washer and dryer. Funny the simple things in life are so important. Any other town suggestions with good public schools??? Would very much appreciate it.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:11 PM

Yikes!!! Thank you for the heads up!!!

Old 06-14-2007, 09:17 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,202,251 times
Quote:
Thank You!! I actually am looking at Thousand Oaks I was told it is in Navesink?? I was also told by local family members Highlands the nice 1mm area on top of the hill /Leonardo/Manalapan that it is a great place to live?? Rent is about 1,500 a month I can not imagine low income affording that?? Or is it a Sec 8 place?? I also was looking at renting a house in the area. I would love to have a yard and washer and dryer. Funny the simple things in life are so important. Any other town suggestions with good public schools??? Would very much appreciate it.

for 1500 a month check out Atlantic Highlands, right down the road and a much better place to be. Thousand Oaks has it's issues and it's a shame that a few bad seeds take down what could be a nice place.
In Atlantic Highlands checkout brookside apts. Harborview towers, or if you could swing it there's a former garden apt place that is now condos that cost around 179k, 1500 might cover the mortgage and taxes.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:29 PM

2 posts, read 10,271 times
Default What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
navesink is a great place to live but take it with a huge grain of salt when told the schools are top of the line, it just isn't true. The fact is the navesink elementary school ( part of middletown twp school district) is over crowded and has many low income kids who come from either hillside or the thousand oaks apartments and they manage to bring things down a bit. Don't be discouraged by what I'm telling you, just be aware. The school is ok by public school standards. to continue, the middle school is barely passable and the high school (south) is in the lower end of the top half of the state rankings

navesink is a nice place to live otherwise, maybe you will be able to swing private schools.
good luck and PM with the address, maybe I can give you the low down on it, I just noticed you said apartments, if it's thousand oaks be very observant it looks nice but has many problems, drugs and buglaries top the list. here's an anecdote that will clue you in, middletown's police chief tok an apartment in there, and his place was burglarized
Who are you? Navesink Elementary school is awesome. It is always ranked among the best schools in Monmouth County. Several times it was actually Number One based on the test scores. Everyone loves that school. As a matter of fact, when given the opportunity, teachers in the other sixteen schools in Middletown most frequently request that their children be allowed to go to Navesink.

Bayshore is excellent.

High School South has been ranked in the top 50 High Schools in New Jersey by New Jersey Magazine at least once and has been very close several other times.

Don't understand your viewpoint!

Old 01-15-2009, 06:31 PM

2 posts, read 10,271 times
Quote:
Navesink Elementary School is probably the BEST elementary School in Monmouth county. At least once it had the highest test scores in Monmouth County; every year it is among the top.

But more importantly the parents, children and families love it. Look into it.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:01 PM

43 posts, read 156,822 times
not to mention that low income does NOT = lower intelligence as one might lead you to believe.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:07 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,753,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixotic View Post
Who are you? Navesink Elementary school is awesome. It is always ranked among the best schools in Monmouth County. Several times it was actually Number One based on the test scores. Everyone loves that school. As a matter of fact, when given the opportunity, teachers in the other sixteen schools in Middletown most frequently request that their children be allowed to go to Navesink.

Bayshore is excellent.

High School South has been ranked in the top 50 High Schools in New Jersey by New Jersey Magazine at least once and has been very close several other times.

Don't understand your viewpoint!
I couldn't understand the answer kort677 gave, either. Navesink is a beautiful town, the school there is great, and it's the first time I've ever heard anyone say Middletown South is not a great HS.

This part of NJ is GORGEOUS. Great location, beautiful schools, close to the beach and talk about views!!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:26 PM

2 posts, read 9,578 times
You simply go over to clickbank.com and find some products that you want to promote. Signing up for a clickbank account is free, and you can make a lot of money by promoting clickbank products online. These products are not going to sell themselves, and you are going to have to advertise these products. The costs of advertising online can be astronomical, but you can advertise for 30 days for only $9.95 using eBay classified ads.
Each product that you promote via eBay classified ads is going to make you between $60-$100 in profit. This means that if you can set up just 50 classified ads on eBay, then you will be making anywhere between $3,000-$5,000 per month all from home while staying at home with your children.
You can read more about this book for moms to work at home, which focuses on how to use eBay classified ads to my a good income from home. This is not some fad, it is a proven business model that many people are using to make a five figure income each and every month. So let me ask you a question, what would $10,000 a month do for you?
[FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.1moneymania.in/qna-2.asp"]http://www.1moneymania.in/qna-2.asp[/URL][/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey