Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2011, 09:05 AM

1,149 posts, read 1,590,948 times

Advertisements

My fiancee and I will be doing an East Coast tour-type honeymoon, hopping between NYC and DC and a few other smaller places throughout the week. We only plan on spending a full day in NYC, maybe a portion of the next day as well, but to be honest I'm not as familiar with NYC. After doing a ton of research on hotels and neighborhoods around New York, I think I've settled on an option and I just wanted to run it past any locals who might be able to tell me if this plan makes as much sense as I think it does.

We'll probably be staying at one of the three hotels grouped together in Secaucus a few miles from the Secaucus Junction. We will have a car at the hotel. I don't believe all the hotels offer a shuttle to it, but it's too far to walk, so I'm curious if Secaucus has enough parking for me to not have to worry? From there we'd just ride into Penn Station and take the subway around Manhattan.

Parking seems to be a relatively recent addition to Secaucus, so I'm not sure exactly how much of it there is or how fast it fills up.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 09:12 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VM1138 View Post
My fiancee and I will be doing an East Coast tour-type honeymoon, hopping between NYC and DC and a few other smaller places throughout the week. We only plan on spending a full day in NYC, maybe a portion of the next day as well, but to be honest I'm not as familiar with NYC. After doing a ton of research on hotels and neighborhoods around New York, I think I've settled on an option and I just wanted to run it past any locals who might be able to tell me if this plan makes as much sense as I think it does.

We'll probably be staying at one of the three hotels grouped together in Secaucus a few miles from the Secaucus Junction. We will have a car at the hotel. I don't believe all the hotels offer a shuttle to it, but it's too far to walk, so I'm curious if Secaucus has enough parking for me to not have to worry? From there we'd just ride into Penn Station and take the subway around Manhattan.

Parking seems to be a relatively recent addition to Secaucus, so I'm not sure exactly how much of it there is or how fast it fills up.

Thanks!
There is a pretty good-sized lot there. I commute to Manhattan by train, but occasionally I've had to drive due to a need to leave early or work on a weekend when it was more feasible not to use public transportation.

I don't know if it gets completely full at any point, but I'm pretty sure you'll get a spot if you go in the morning or even the evening after the commuters have left. Also, if there is a big sporting event or something going on at Madison Square Garden, the lot may fill up more quickly, so check on that in the local papers when you are there.

I think your plan is a good one. NYC hotels are very expensive right now, and the trip from Secaucus into NY Penn is only about a ten-minute ride and trains are frequent.

Sounds like a great idea for a trip, too. Have fun.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:53 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
There is plenty of parking ....remember to buy round trip tickets form Secaucus JCT to NYP. If theres a Power problem , then go to Hoboken to get back to Secaucus.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:42 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,951,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VM1138 View Post

Thanks!
from there there is a direct bus called 129 that may be infront of your hotel click here then report back Hudson County Transit Map | Hudson TMA the bus also takes you to the train station you have the 2 and if near the outlets at harmon cove you even have 320 express you probably dont need a car there at all. 129 has the option of either going direct or connecting to the train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey