Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 12:06 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Lets try this again, because NO where in my post did I even mention Tax, this is EXACTLY what those IDIOTS in Trenton are avoiding. And to cut spending you need to consolidate and merge services, WHY is this not being talked about? Its freakin common sense. ONE consolidated contract. ONE, minimize the amount of administrators and school board members. To continue to use the UNION/NJEA or Bugs Bunny as the be all to end all to the ilcks on NJ and the reason we're bankrupt is like saying the dog ate my homework.
Do you think for one minute that the NJEA would be amendable to consolidate and merge school districts? In a word: no. That would equal the loss of jobs for their constituency. There is no way the NJEA would favor consolidation.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:11 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Do you think for one minute that the NJEA would be amendable to consolidate and merge school districts? In a word: no. That would equal the loss of jobs for their constituency. There is no way the NJEA would favor consolidation.

Just like there's no way their amendable to a pay freeze. If Christie could take the hard Bull Dog tactic on the pay freeze and contributions, he and the Legislature can take the hard nose tactic on the consolidation of contracts. So he's afraid of taking on NJEA for the easy but NOT the OBVIOUS?

Old 05-25-2010, 12:21 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Lets try this again, because NO where in my post did I even mention Tax, this is EXACTLY what those IDIOTS in Trenton are avoiding. And to cut spending you need to consolidate and merge services, WHY is this not being talked about? Its freakin common sense. ONE consolidated contract. ONE, minimize the amount of administrators and school board members. To continue to use the UNION/NJEA or Bugs Bunny as the be all to end all to the ilcks on NJ and the reason we're bankrupt is like saying the dog ate my homework.
Do yourself a favor read your own posts. You just wrote municipalities will need to raise taxes. They don't, cosolidation is well within their power.

Consolidation is a good idea but it is up to the municipLities to do.Christie is forcing them to make these types of decisions since they are getting less state aid.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Do yourself a favor read your own posts. You just wrote municipalities will need to raise taxes. They don't, cosolidation is well within their power.

Consolidation is a good idea but it is up to the municipLities to do.Christie is forcing them to make these types of decisions since they are getting less state aid.
I left out "anyone". I did NOT and do not agree that taxing is the way to go with anyone, so do not claim that every Democrat supports that.
Forcing the consolidation issue would need to be on the State Level by the Legislatures and of course Christie, so again Christie is alright with Bull dogging on the easy but NOT the obvious.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Lets try this again, because NO where in my post did I even mention Tax anyone, this is EXACTLY what those IDIOTS in Trenton are avoiding. And to cut spending you need to consolidate and merge services, WHY is this not being talked about? Its freakin common sense. ONE consolidated contract. ONE, minimize the amount of administrators and school board members. To continue to use the UNION/NJEA or Bugs Bunny as the be all to end all to the ilcks on NJ and the reason we're bankrupt is like saying the dog ate my homework.
Quote:
I left out "anyone". I did NOT and do not agree that taxing is the way to go with anyone, so do not claim that every Democrat supports that.
Forcing the consolidation issue would need to be on the State Level by the Legislatures and of course Christie, so again Christie is alright with Bull dogging on the easy but NOT the obvious.
NJ is not a dictatorship. Christie can't say to Rutherford and lyndhurst, you will now share services. They can do it themselves. If you think consolidation makes sense for your town suggest it.

Christie is forcing municipalities that would benefit for consolidation to do so. If voters will punsh politicians who raise property taxes rather than perdue other options like consolidation.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
NJ is not a dictatorship. Christie can't say to Rutherford and lyndhurst, you will now share services. They can do it themselves. If you think consolidation makes sense for your town suggest it.

Christie is forcing municipalities that would benefit for consolidation to do so. If voters will punsh politicians who raise property taxes rather than perdue other options like consolidation.

Wait, first you say NJ is NOT a dictatorship, then you use the word "Force". I'm sorry, but what has Christie been doing since he got into office? What statement did Christie make to force the municipalities to consolidate? What action did Christie take to force the municipalities to consolidate?

If the State can come in and take over a Public School System in a failing district, appoint their own state administrators, what exactly is the problem again? If Christie can cut school aid and say if the teachers do not take a pay freeze, why can't he say to the Legislatures if you want your aid back you need to consolidate these contracts? Back to the choosing the easy and running away from the obvious.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:09 PM

132 posts, read 631,743 times
This thread has become very angry .... all thanks to Christie.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Wait, first you say NJ is NOT a dictatorship, then you use the word "Force". I'm sorry, but what has Christie been doing since he got into office? What statement did Christie make to force the municipalities to consolidate? What action did Christie take to force the municipalities to consolidate?

If the State can come in and take over a Public School System in a failing district, appoint their own state administrators, what exactly is the problem again? If Christie can cut school aid and say if the teachers do not take a pay freeze, why can't he say to the Legislatures if you want your aid back you need to consolidate these contracts? Back to the choosing the easy and running away from the obvious.
Sorry the law doesn't allow the governor to do what you want him to do. Christie is forcing the municipalities to decide if they want to raise taxes to fill the gap left by less state aid or if they would like to explore other options like consolidation. If they choose to raise taxes they will have to explain themselves to the voters.

Also not every municipality would benefit from consolidation but everyone benefits from a teacher pay freeze.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez2do4now View Post
This thread has become very angry .... all thanks to Christie.
First off it isn't angry second I don't see any posts by him on here and finally if there are any bad feelings you can thank the unions

Old 05-25-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Sorry the law doesn't allow the governor to do what you want him to do. Christie is forcing the municipalities to decide if they want to raise taxes to fill the gap left by less state aid or if they would like to explore other options like consolidation. If they choose to raise taxes they will have to explain themselves to the voters.

Provide the law that strictly Prohibit or state that the Legislature can NOT consolidate the Public Schools or take over the Public Schools. Sorry you continue to look pass the hypocricy of this Governor and the Legislatures. Christie is taking on what is an easy Bullish effort, but he refuses to throw the EXACT same weight behind the ONE thing that Really needs to be done.
The fact that your now passing the buck onto the towns again shows your hypocricy on picking and choosing what one would assume to be the answer, when it will not. You and others lambast the Teachers as a guise of lambasting the Unions concerning what some label as excessive benefits, whining about contributing to their benefits, when this is NOT the case across the 600+ school districts.
if the STATE can go into a district and with one swipe of a pen take of that school district, what is the problem, Why is this NOT discussed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey