Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 10:37 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-TOWN-R.I.P. View Post
The one I always got as a kid was, "You fit the description of a suspect." Total B.S. ... Woodbridge cops in the 90s were famous for this ... absolute corrupt dirtbags.
I got that once, but it was my car. They were looking for my brand and style. But officer, it wasn't me. I got a ticket because inspection was out of date. It didn't matter that I was a mile from home and had been out of state caring for my ill mother for a month.

I resented that ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 03:26 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
I just got pulled over in Bayonne and I did nothing wrong. He walked up and asked for my information and I gave it to him and asked what I did and he didn't answer and walked back to the car. He came back and said my license is suspended and asked me if I had ever been pulled over and I said no, I did have parking tickets in Bayonne, JC, and NYC that I had paid in April and that was the only time my license was ever suspended so I paid the restoration fee at the mvc and they said I was good to drive.

By your own admission ,you did do something wrong.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:36 AM

860 posts, read 1,336,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnunez1015 View Post
Hi....im in FL and two days ago i was pulled over...ok so let me just put this out there my license is suspended...i was on my way to take my kids to school and i was on my normal route. This cop was parked in a parking lot with a view of traffic...as soon as i passed by he pulls out...now again i know im already breaking the law but let me finish...i was not speeding i had my seat belt on i did not give this cop no reason....so i see he pulls out now theres like 6 cars behind me...and i continue on my normal route...i decided to not turn on my normal street because there to many kids walkong to school so i decided to turn onnthe next street...as soon as i got to the stop sign i see the cop...so while im going to turn into my sons school he bust a u turn and then turn his lights on...he gets out the car comes to the passenger side and knew my name....knew who i was without evening running my plate...and then telling me that this is not my normal route...now the vehicle is not in my name but he knew i wasnt supposed to be driving..so of course he will use that as a reason...but the whole thing afterward didnt make sense.....(feedback please)
If you are in Florida, why are you posting in a New Jersey forum about being pulled over in Florida?

Old 08-19-2017, 04:54 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
The grammar police is a federal agency.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:46 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
After replaying it in my head I come to conclusion that he never ran my plate. If he did he wouldn't have asked me who owned the car or where I lived. He would have known all that if he had ran the plate. Also, why would he go to the car and run my drivers license number if he had already known it was suspended? The reality was he just pulled me over hoping for something.
Do you REALLY think a cop wouldn't do those things even if he knew the answer?

Classic!

DISCLAIMER - I didn't see the dates and realize this thread was brought back to life from a long nap!

Old 08-21-2017, 06:38 AM

109 posts, read 125,316 times
There's an RFID chip in your license, and your name is in a database when your license is suspended. You're like a moving beacon. Cops will always find you from a mile away before they even get near you.

1984 man!

Old 08-21-2017, 10:12 AM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_inquisition View Post
There's an RFID chip in your license, and your name is in a database when your license is suspended. You're like a moving beacon. Cops will always find you from a mile away before they even get near you.

1984 man!
I know many PD's have cars equipped with license plate scanners that automatically scan many lic plates as they are driving around and if you forgot to renew your registration or anything else BOOM there you go. It pops up an alert on the dashboard or laptop pc.

One of my neighbors had that happen as he was just going to renew his reggy and hadn't quite done it yet, they towed and impounded his car and it cost him much more $$$.

Ive seen those scanners on trunk lids on PD cars.

Haven't heard of RFID chips in licenses yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey