Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the right choice for New Mexico in 2010!
Susana Martinez - Republican 64 62.14%
Diane D. Denish - Democrat 39 37.86%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 01:59 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,987,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post

I dont support KKK rallies or gay parades and I dont want either one in my town but it could happen.

I could see the "KKK", they are racist individuals... and obviously make this country look stupid.

But comparing or adding "gay parades" to the subject is wrong.. I don't see the negitive impact it has.... if anything "pride" is good for the city's economy.

It is starnge the country we live in... but I like people to tell me something about my orientation, it is just great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 05:33 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,026,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Equating a gay rights parade to a KKK rally is really pretty sad. Sorry you feel that way.
I was making a point, I figured people had enough common sense to understand that.

and Im not sorry, if you are going to be so so accepting, accept everyone and everything, not just what you want, but what others want also, isnt that what being accepting is all about? So next time the KKK wants to hold a rally in your town, Im expecting you to welcome them with open arms.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:04 PM

Desert, a "KKK" rally is way different than that of the "gay pride"....

Old 06-20-2010, 06:44 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,026,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Desert, a "KKK" rally is way different than that of the "gay pride"....

I know, but people like to mention how someone not being accepting of a gay parade is being close minded basically, but if someone is not gay, then can you really expect them to be accepting or welcoming of it, its the same for a KKK rally, If I supported the KKK, I could say that all those who dont are close minded, or they have a small world view on things, but I really dont expect them to support a KKK rally even though I do or I may find some intrest in it.

just trying to make a point, not trying to put down anyone, I just think people should practice what they preach.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:30 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
What do you mean documentation?! Obviously if she DOES support civil unions and the gay community, it would say so on her website... or her platform... does it karma? no. SHE DOESNT! and she will NOT.
From February of this year:

"Only Democrat Lieutenant Governor Diane Denish told the Las Cruces Sun-News that she would sign the bill if elected.
“I support the domestic-partnership bill,” said Denish. “This bill is about treating New Mexicans equally under the law.”
But Denish is the only 2010 gubernatorial candidate that supports recognition of gay couples."

NM Republican Gov Hopefuls Against Gay Partner Bill | On Top Magazine :: Gay & Lesbian News, Entertainment, Commentary & Travel

Old 06-21-2010, 05:25 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,297 times
Quote:
I was making a point, I figured people had enough common sense to understand that.

and Im not sorry, if you are going to be so so accepting, accept everyone and everything, not just what you want, but what others want also, isnt that what being accepting is all about? So next time the KKK wants to hold a rally in your town, Im expecting you to welcome them with open arms.
I think there's a little bit of a difference between supporting a group that espouses civil rights, versus supporting a group that is pretty much the opposite of that. You're entitled to your opinion, so please enjoy.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I know, but people like to mention how someone not being accepting of a gay parade is being close minded basically, but if someone is not gay, then can you really expect them to be accepting or welcoming of it, its the same for a KKK rally, If I supported the KKK, I could say that all those who dont are close minded, or they have a small world view on things, but I really dont expect them to support a KKK rally even though I do or I may find some intrest in it.

just trying to make a point, not trying to put down anyone, I just think people should practice what they preach.

Being close minded for not accepting a "gay pride" event is all good, lets remember how many homosexuals this country has.. and how it continues to grow... about 50 or 100 times that of the KKK (or MORE!)... so its pretty odd we even compare these two together?

Old 06-21-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
From February of this year:

"Only Democrat Lieutenant Governor Diane Denish told the Las Cruces Sun-News that she would sign the bill if elected.
“I support the domestic-partnership bill,” said Denish. “This bill is about treating New Mexicans equally under the law.”
But Denish is the only 2010 gubernatorial candidate that supports recognition of gay couples."

NM Republican Gov Hopefuls Against Gay Partner Bill | On Top Magazine :: Gay & Lesbian News, Entertainment, Commentary & Travel
Civil Unions? (Gay Marriages)

I mean Susana said she would make domestic-partnership a "priority" as well at a local rally... but, thats what all candidates say.

Denish looks as if she is not going to be successful in november anyway. (Just saying) might as well go with the winner, cause this state wants "The FIRST latina" governor in the US.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:42 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,029,867 times
Default Martinez v Denish for Governor

Who will make a better Governor and why? I'm not sure what each stands for because they just attack each other and not focus on solutions to NM issues? Shouldn't theyre be more debate and less mud slinging? What are their solutions to issues facing NM? I'm curious as to what forum members think. Thank You!

Aloha,
Al

Old 06-21-2010, 10:20 PM

Dude this already exists.

>>> Poll of all polls! -- RACE FOR GOVERNOR 2010 <<<

No duplicates. Not being biased, just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico