Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the right choice for New Mexico in 2010!
Susana Martinez - Republican 64 62.14%
Diane D. Denish - Democrat 39 37.86%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 03:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
You know... that guy who said, 4th and 5th generations of "spanish" people are making trouble, I disagree... It is mexicans who brang these gangs here. Not the spanish ancestory that came from spain... there is a difference.

I'M VOTING FOR BOLD CHANGE! ARE YOU??

you are right, old Spaisish families have very little to do with the gang problems regardless where they are. It is the Mexicans, many from over the border that are involved in gang activity.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 04:21 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,022,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you are right, old Spaisish families have very little to do with the gang problems regardless where they are. It is the Mexicans, many from over the border that are involved in gang activity.

Nita

and if the Spanish are involved with gangs which I know they are, in most cases the Mexicans introduced them to it.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:53 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,985,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
and if the Spanish are involved with gangs which I know they are, in most cases the Mexicans introduced them to it.

Quote:

Nita

Exactly! Too both of you.... glad we all agree.
And Nita, 100% true... especially in california.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
like getting these types of awards makes a candidate better qualified? come on, we all know these awards, regardless of which side they are on are simply political..

Nita

Exactly!

Old 06-22-2010, 05:13 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,079 times
Okay, no one is saying it's perfectly alright to just enter the United States or any other country for that matter. BUT, you have to have empathy. If you're starving in Mexico, and you can't find work, you're a FOOL if you DON'T jump the border. There are massive problems there! However, everyone in both problems is FOR addressing those problem, they just have different proposals on how to do it, and again, I favor the generic democrat model. Stay in country, pay fine, get in line and eventually earn citizenship. Fair enough.

As for the two candidates, I will not cast my vote for someone who is so-called "pro-life," nor will I vote for someone who supports use of the death penalty. IMHO, it's barbaric, does not deter crime, and wastes money. I do not support Martinez's drive to end lottery scholarship for immigrants. I personally know someone who crossed the border at three years of age illegally, practically grew up American, but could not afford to go to college. This program would've helped her tremendously. Everyone seems to complain about immigration but programs like that help ELEVATE people up and out of poverty and into society, yet their ideologies tell them it's wrong. Oh well I guess. I can go on and on, BUT, I've made up my mind and WILL be happily putting my ballot in for Denish.

Diane Denish - A New Way Forward (http://www.dianedenish.com/home - broken link)

Help me bring bold change to New Mexico!

Old 06-22-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
I do not support Martinez's drive to end lottery scholarship for immigrants. I personally know someone who crossed the border at three years of age illegally, practically grew up American, but could not afford to go to college.

This was the most hypocritical comment I have seen on here. You say come here legal wait in line blah blah blah... but yet you wanna reward illegals with scholarships?

The hell my tax dollars are going to illegal mexicans. No thanks. Like you said come here the right way... and then we will give scholarships as a LEGAL UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CITIZEN. We have people here that can not even get assistance to get scholarships AS AMERICANS! this is shameful.

If their parents don't pay taxes and come here Illegal, THEY DONT DESERVE NOTHING. THATS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:35 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,079 times
Ummm it's not her choice to come here. It was her parents. Go ahead and hurt people that did nothing wrong. She did as well as anyone else in school. But oh well, let's just dump her and let her fend or herself. As for taxes, they reinvest MORE into these United States than they take away, just by the items that they buy and use everyday.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:40 PM

You know what, let me tell you something.

Their are poor kids in this country that get dumped as well. No scholarships. No assistance, NOTHING. How do you think they feel. AS AMERICANS, they should be receiving the help. NOT ILLEGAL MEXICANS, Iam not being racist, i'm just backing up my own AMERICAN people and my country... they wanna come here, wave their flags... bullcrap.

And Re-invest? Who cares! its AGAINST THE LAW to be here ILLEGAL!
THATS WHY IT IS CALLED "ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION"

Old 06-22-2010, 05:42 PM

4,861 posts, read 4,796,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
In Wikipedia's article on Denish, there is a list of awards she has received:

PNM Entrepreneur Advocate of the Year Award (2006), the Leadership New Mexico Distinguished Alumnus Award (2006), the Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., Community Service Award (2005), the Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce Excellence in Education Award (2005), the WIPP Women Impacting Public Policy New Mexico Legislative Leadership Award (2004), the Hispanic Women’s Council Las Primeras Award, and the National Child Health Advocate Award (2005).

The Wikipedia article on Susana Martinez does not list any awards (not to say she hasn't received any...perhaps someone can fill in that blank).
All those "awards" were given during the last 6 years. I wonder what one had to do to "win" those awards. I'm sure that there was no intent by the awarders to attempt to curry favor from someone who was Lt Gov and made it known early on that she wanted to be Gov.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:45 PM

4,861 posts, read 4,796,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
As for taxes, they reinvest MORE into these United States than they take away, just by the items that they buy and use everyday.
Gee, if this is true why bother to enforce any border or immigration laws at all. Let's encourage everyone in the world who is unhappy with their personal situation to come here so our economy will thrive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico