Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the right choice for New Mexico in 2010!
Susana Martinez - Republican 64 62.14%
Diane D. Denish - Democrat 39 37.86%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 04:12 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,184,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
All the Republicans running are, at least holding thier own..

Nita
Aside from the republicans who lost their primaries (there can be only one, so the saying goes), I'd like a source for that statement. Seems that some are and some aren't.

HR-1 polls have Heinrich pretty likely ahead of Barela.
HR-3.. is there even a Rep candidate?

Perhaps the statement referred only to the primaries or gubernatorial races, and the house races weren't included.

Here's a newsflash: We get to look at a debate between windbag 1 and windbag 2, October 17th, 6pm, KOAT 7. I chose the terms "1" and "2" to be fair to the candidates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 05:29 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,988,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
Aside from the republicans who lost their primaries (there can be only one, so the saying goes), I'd like a source for that statement. Seems that some are and some aren't.

HR-1 polls have Heinrich pretty likely ahead of Barela.
HR-3.. is there even a Rep candidate?

Perhaps the statement referred only to the primaries or gubernatorial races, and the house races weren't included.

Here's a newsflash: We get to look at a debate between windbag 1 and windbag 2, October 17th, 6pm, KOAT 7. I chose the terms "1" and "2" to be fair to the candidates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Bradly, from what I hear NM might surprise everybody this Nov. All the Republicans running are, at least holding thier own..

Nita

Sorce? Well this is a "republican year" most would like to say that.

Of course New Mexicans are tired of all the corruption and crap. I'm voting straight republican for the first time in my life.

• John Barela will give Martin Henrich a run for his money, and will be very close!
  • Tom Mullins which is the republican running against Ben Lujan Jr. does not stand a chance. Ben Lujan Jr is too powerful... besides the 3rd district is heavy in dems.
  • Pearce will defeat Teague. No doubt. the republicans want their congressman back. Pearce is a good guy!
  • Susana will continue to hold a nice lead over denish, people want change. This administration broke the state. Corruption, education and the budget are the main issues.
From what I know, there are two debates for the governor's race in october.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:53 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,184,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Sorce? Well this is a "republican year" most would like to say that.
So, does anyone have a source?

Quote:
[*]Pearce will defeat Teague. No doubt. the republicans want their congressman back.
Republicans want their congressman? Captain Obvious called.. he wants you to cut it out. :-D

Quote:
Pearce is a good guy!
Many Republicans I know (who've done more than shake his hand at a rally) can't stand the guy, actually.

Quote:
Corruption, education and the budget are the main issues.
There's one main issue, and it's none of those. It's the economy. Those others are nice secondaries, but they don't turn people out the way the economy does.

Quote:
From what I know, there are two debates for the governor's race in october.
Yes, there's a second, October 21, 7pm, channel 4 (KOB).

Old 09-15-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
So, does anyone have a source?

Republicans want their congressman? Captain Obvious called.. he wants you to cut it out. :-D

Many Republicans I know (who've done more than shake his hand at a rally) can't stand the guy, actually.
Well, most of the republicans I know from the southeast corner love him. Harry Teague seems like a strange guy.

And as far as sources go, I'm just giving a third party voice from CNN, and fox news....

Sabato: 2010 was always going to be a Republican year | Bearing Drift: Virginia Politics On Demand

Quote:

There's one main issue, and it's none of those. It's the economy. Those others are nice secondaries, but they don't turn people out the way the economy does.

Yes, there's a second, October 21, 7pm, channel 4 (KOB).
Economy and Budget are the same dude..... or fall into the same category. And Yes, I met with Tom Joles the other day, we we're talking about the election. Pretty good discusion.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:09 PM

DIANE DENISH, WASTING OUR MONEY. WASTING OUR TIME.

>> Denish’s Flight Records <<

Old 09-15-2010, 08:50 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Well, most of the republicans I know from the southeast corner love him. Harry Teague seems like a strange guy.

Economy and Budget are the same dude..... or fall into the same category. And Yes, I met with Tom Joles the other day, we we're talking about the election. Pretty good discusion.
My parents are republicans from the SE corner, and don't like Pierce at all... I could introduce you to several other of my GOPer friends that will be voting Teague, and the race has continued to drift more and more in Teague's favor.

Heinrich has also pulled pretty well ahead of the "other guy" as far as what I've been reading.

Republicans are tired of corruption so they're voting for Susana Martinez, who received most of her money from outside our fair state and from corporate interests... Should work well.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
My parents are republicans from the SE corner, and don't like Pierce at all... I could introduce you to several other of my GOPer friends that will be voting Teague, and the race has continued to drift more and more in Teague's favor.

Heinrich has also pulled pretty well ahead of the "other guy" as far as what I've been reading.

Republicans are tired of corruption so they're voting for Susana Martinez, who received most of her money from outside our fair state and from corporate interests... Should work well.

Well no way! My parents were from Roswell!! Of course they later moved to Espanola.. but yea, about 2/3's of my family lives in that area. They all would not leave the republican party, so I have a hard time believing that.

And It is not in Teague's favor, he only leads in the polls by 3 points or so....

Henrich vs. Barela, henrich will pull it off, but he is going to have a hell of a scare! Reading what? source?

And Diane Denish is also "corporate interests" and "indian rez", they gave her money because she helped expand gambling in 2005. Tie breaker vote in the state senate.
Ask Diane about money, she spent 208,000+ on flying in that jet.... WHY DRIVE WHEN YOU CAN FLY.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:21 PM

888 posts, read 1,186,839 times
I wonder if Susan Martinez's Sarah Palin/Tea Party connection will hurt her, more than help her, with independent voters in New Mexico?
After see the whack-jobs, the Tea Party helped to win Republican primaries in Nevada and Delaware.
I would think independent voters would view Tea Party-endorsed candidates with intense suspicion.....if not outright dread!?

Steve

Old 09-15-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
I wonder if Susan Martinez's Sarah Palin/Tea Party connection will hurt her, more than help her, with independent voters in New Mexico?
After see the whack-jobs, the Tea Party helped to win Republican primaries in Nevada and Delaware.
I would think independent voters would view Tea Party-endorsed candidates with intense suspicion.....if not outright dread!?

Steve
Wow. I'm as liberal as can be, and I don't even attack the tea party this bad.

The independents are going to follow Martinez, Most likely.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:34 PM

888 posts, read 1,186,839 times
IMO, the Tea Party represents the dark-side of America.
Narrow-minded, bigoted, and ideology driven.
I prefer MY America moving forward in the 21st century.....NOT backwards to some torch-burning, alternate universe, forever stuck in the middle-ages.

Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico