Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the right choice for New Mexico in 2010!
Susana Martinez - Republican 64 62.14%
Diane D. Denish - Democrat 39 37.86%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 08:47 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,802,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
But of course, it was all justified
According to the other DAs that were interviewed, it was justified and at least one said that he would have done the same if he had the funds to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 09:03 AM

3,435 posts, read 6,987,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
She has actively fought for families already up in Santa Fe. She expanded health care for children and expanded pre-k. Those are both things that have positively impacted parents that I know. She has a right to state that in her ad, and she backs it up. She's allowed to show off her credentials for the office. DAs aren't the only people in the United States or elsewhere that are allowed to fight for families, or anyone else for that matter. August is an important month for an election so we can expect to hear Denish rebut Martinez and vice versa; this is one of those cases. Martinez believes that she is the candidate that fights most for families so Denish is naturally going to state why he believes she is a better fit for that category. Just a part of the game.

Well it is stupid. First Denish attacks Martinez on her record SHAMEFUL, then this hint that she does not fight... little does Diane know the hardships that Martinez had to go threw after seeing family members killing their own. Diane is crap and so are her commercials.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:21 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,027,378 times
Susana Martinez is a personal friend of mine as well as the candidate I am whole-heartedly supporting for governor.

I saw her Sunday in Taos, and was amazed at the number of people who showed up for the rally and especially the ethnic diversity of her supporters. She is speaking to all the people of the state, and her message seems to be resonating.

Some of the posts on this thread are amazing, and show that some people know little about her ... or believe the smears that are out there ... or are very anxious to jump on an anti-Martinez bandwagon.

I know little about Diane Denish, so until I have a chance to look at her record openmindedly and without being influenced by political trash talk and accusations, I would never post anything negative about her.

Let's all be careful of believing political trash talk. It doesn't help us get a good person elected for governor.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post

I saw her Sunday in Taos, and was amazed at the number of people who showed up for the rally and especially the ethnic diversity of her supporters. She is speaking to all the people of the state, and her message seems to be resonating.

Same in Espanola. More people showed up to her event.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:54 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,027,378 times
Oh, I forgot.

At the event Sunday in Taos, a pretty significant number of "Democrats for Martinez" were there.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:42 AM

I'm a democrat for Martinez! yeaaa!!

Old 08-10-2010, 12:29 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
From yesterday's ABQ journal:

"An investigative report in today’s Albuquerque Journal revealed that Susana Martinez used federal Southwest Border Prosecution Initiative funds to give hundreds of thousands of dollars in bonuses to top deputies and political allies, nearly three-times as much in bonuses (more than $477,000 between FY06-FY10) as any other District Attorney in the state. During the same period of time that she handed out large taxpayer-funded bonuses in FY06, Martinez advocated for a tax increase on Dona Ana County residents to pay for public safety."

Statement from Diane Denish on Susana Martinez's Wall Street-Style Bonuses for State Employees | Democratic Party of New Mexico (DPNM)

But of course, it was all justified
Look where you are getting your information and who is making a statement about it? Come on, you know this story is biased and shouldn't be taken seriously. In fact, I see it about as dirty as politics can get.

Nita

Old 08-10-2010, 12:41 PM

I thought the Journal was a supporter of Susana.. they are too conservative. A republican paper.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:25 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Look where you are getting your information and who is making a statement about it? Come on, you know this story is biased and shouldn't be taken seriously. In fact, I see it about as dirty as politics can get.

Nita
So, it's best to just ignore any bad press about your candidate? That's keeping an open mind! Are you as willing to overlook anything regarding Denish?

Old 08-10-2010, 02:43 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,874,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
I thought the Journal was a supporter of Susana.. they are too conservative. A republican paper.
Huh?

I subscribed to the ABQ Journal for about 6 months about 3 years ago...and I was thinking how liberally-biased and pro-democratic they were.

LOL!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico