Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 10:37 AM

27 posts, read 129,511 times

Advertisements

Yeah I was looking for some place very small with cold weather Cheap is also a very good thing hehe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2006, 11:23 AM

22,864 posts, read 28,122,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seleswifey View Post
Winnie is Clovis up North in New Mexico?? N about how big is the town all together?? And one more question does it snow??? SOrry I have so many questions Im going to be relocating to New Mexico by the end of the Year so trying to get as much info as possible. Thanks again!
Clovis is not north at all. Pretty much right in the middle of the state on the far eastern edge.

Snow happens, but it's rare. I grew up in the area. One winter we had a storm that dumped about 10 inches of snow in one night. But I remember winters where we got no snow at all.

If you want to count on snow, look further north up near Colorado. About the only sizeable towns where you can count on snow in the south would be Ruidoso and Cloudcroft -- and in recent years even they haven't had a lot of snow.

Las Cruces is definitely a nice town, but no snow there at all. When they get snow, it's a miracle.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:07 AM

yeah that what i was thinkin all the cities or towns i should say i have been looking into are northern new mexico.. Thanks for the help! Any more info on any small northern cities would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again

Old 10-11-2006, 03:01 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,083,075 times
I would still give Cloudcroft and Ruidoso a look-see.

But no, Clovis does not sound like your cup of tea.

Old 10-11-2006, 05:26 PM

68 posts, read 354,727 times
Default colder towns in nm

there are a few small towns outside of ruidoso that are in the mountains,, nogal, capitan, and alto...i think capitan has about 1500 people its about 20 miles from historic town lincoln.. alto and nogal are closer to ruidoso, dont
know how much housing runs in these town, im thinking ruidoso and alto might be higher than capitan.. i would say nogal would be the least expensive...dont know for sure though. .. these little towns are growing especially ruidoso and capitan these are all in lincoln county.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:04 PM

k im gonna go look up these right now thanks so much

Old 12-20-2006, 09:05 AM

13 posts, read 36,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
A few days ago, I got word from someone else "in the know", that the AC-130's were not going to Clovis, so this post wasn't a surprise.
You were misinformed.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:14 PM

Do you have any articles yet about the decision HulburtLove? Are you at cannon yet (can't remember if you are going there)? Just curious..

We want to come down there soon before the 27th is dissolved to see if we can't catch up with old buddies before they get scattered to the wind. And if the C-130's do come to cannon we might possibly be looking for a job too.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:12 AM

42 posts, read 148,218 times
Default UGHHHHHH this drives me nuts: MOMENT OF HONESTY

WARNING: IF YOU'RE IN THE MILITARY THIS WILL OFFEND YOU.

All the people who I see on this list lauding the wonders of Clovis are TOTALLY insulated by the base! You don't see "the real picture." Very similar to people in the military who go to Germany and talk about how crappy it is... yet surrounded only by military and their families.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:21 PM

The military accounts for 30% of the local economy so obviously they are not huddled behind the base gates.

I lived DOWNTOWN Clovis for a good deal of time, on 12th st.

I never ONCE had a problem living down there, not even when DH was TDY.

I frequently walked in the "bad" areas of Clovis, which members here infer is riddled with drive by shootings and drug dealers out on the street. Gosh, I seem to still be alive and never once had a drug dealer approach me, or even heard of a drive by while living there!

I am sorry you did not like Portales, but if you want to see some cesspools I can show you some in many other states than NM. If you want to see medically underserved areas in the US, I can show you MANY in NYS and New England. If you want to have a tour of nasty schools and drugs etc I will show you places outside of NM that make Clovis look like pleasantville. There is nothing unique about Clovis's problems.

And FYI- I have yet to hear a fellow military member or spouse complain about their tour in Germany. DH has 10 years in now. I can respect that you dislike the area, but do not think for 1 second that military families just live on base and never go downtown and that they don't care about their communities or don't understand the issues there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico