Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:02 AM

5,667 posts, read 6,595,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Any way you could post the text on the signature page of the plat?
All the info is available here: Ruidoso Properties

I didn't see anything that mentioned the park specifically. The "park" is just lines on a map... there is no development there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 10:57 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,102 times
Firstly, see who owns that parcel by calling the assessor' office. If it's the developer or the hoa then I think there is an argument that it's included in the "common area" as described in the covenants. Though there would still be the issue of access.

I'd also consider an inquiry into the RV and whether it meets the requirements of the covenants. They seemed fairly straight forward and strict.

When I worked in a county assessor's office I saw countless arguments over access. The government can't and won't get involved unless there's a public safety issue. When something like this (both issues of access and common area) happens on private land it has to be settled in civil court. That's the only way you'll make these have to comply if they're bound and determined not to. Shame, that. Hopefully your hoa would get behind it.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:27 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,917,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
I'd also consider an inquiry into the RV and whether it meets the requirements of the covenants. They seemed fairly straight forward and strict.
If I understand par. 3.03 Use of Temporary Structures, any recreation vehicle must not be on the property longer than 90 days UNLESS stored as part of the permanent residence. And no RV may be on the property for longer than 14 days out of 30 unless provided with a legal sewage disposal and all utilities. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:04 PM

888 posts, read 1,186,839 times
Since you're paying $$$ to a HOA.
I'd be screaming loud-n'-long at them for an answer!?

Steve

Old 06-23-2010, 04:16 PM

The RV is definitely in violation because of how long it has been there, though it is probably parked on his land. I wouldn't care about that at all if the guy was polite. By far the most annoying aspect is him claiming that he owns Bonito Falls and calling the cops on anybody who comes out there.

I've found out who to talk to, but they haven't called back yet. The original owner of the development is still in control because most of the lots haven't been sold.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:13 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
If the RV is in violation have the HOA inform the owner that it has to be moved. The HOA should also tell the owner that he does NOT own the Falls and he does NOT control access. Then the HOA should tell the local and state police to ignore any calls from that landowner concerning the Falls.

Use the HOA rules to your advantage. Get a Lawyer. Access to that lovely spot is worth a couple of hundred bucks or more.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:53 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,917,826 times
Its not clear to me which side of the creek this RV is parked on? I know the common land is on the north side, so this guy must be on the south side?

Old 06-24-2010, 09:29 AM

The common land is on both sides... the creek is in the middle of that 5 acre rectangle. The trailer-man (with his wife, child, and two dogs) supposedly owns tract 10, and *might* be parked right on the edge of his property... but it would probably need to be surveyed again to be sure. I've paid 3 visits so far and he was not there, but apparently is quite a bit. So far the owner of the development hasn't returned my calls...

Old 06-24-2010, 09:30 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,252,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Get a Lawyer. Access to that lovely spot is worth a couple of hundred bucks or more.
I don't know what lawyers charge in Ruidoso/Alto but around here a couple of hundred dollars will get you less than an hour worth of their time. I don't think they can solve this problem in less than a hour. I think the lawyers fee might be a couple of thousand dollars unless you find one that really needs the money right now.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:50 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,184,329 times
Given the smaller dollar amounts involved, you can always try bringing the court case yourself pro se; but you need to gather all the pertinent data (surveys, covenants, etc.) right now before you even think of either bringing in a court case or hiring an attorney. That's probably the first thing the attorney would tell you (or charge you to do themselves).

You don't sound like you're convinced that you're right enough to convince me that you're right; odds are wouldn't work with a judge either. Once you get it, the data will steer you right, be it to back home, to a settlement, or to a court case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico