U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 10:49 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,925,932 times

Advertisements

I agree about Las Cruces ...my favorite place in NM ...though you might want to check out Deming ....housing is cheaper ....also Alamogordo is very good too ...not as much nite life maybe ....but you can always go to El Paso (or Juarez) for that ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 10:13 AM

815 posts, read 1,795,308 times
Default Roswell and Alamogordo

Roswell and Alamogordo are two warm places and Roswell is easy to get around and lots of good deals on homes and land about 5 acres for 50 000 with a house and maybe even lower prices im guessing 25 000 Dollars with trailer and 5 acres if you look and a couple of miles from Wal Mart. el pintada kid

Old 03-01-2008, 11:01 AM

14,162 posts, read 7,325,251 times
Another vote for Las Cruces with El Paso my second choice. We did get a few below 20 degree nights this winter, but it warms up so nicely (and quickly) during the day, I hardly noticed. LC is centrally located for all sorts of fun stuff, has good shopping (Target, Kohl's, etc.) Also, though you didn't mention how old you are, the Mesilla Valley Mall has all of the stores that my granddaughter can't live without - Hollister, PacSun, Journey's, Hot Topic (her favorite), etc. I know it's not all about the shopping, but that really did play a large role in my decision to move here. Oh, and Starbuck's. There are some great restaurants near the university and a lot of the big music acts will play either in El Paso or here (Linkin Park, Jimmy Eat World and Paramore are in El Paso soon, Seether and Flyleaf are going to be at the Pan American Center at NMSU).
On a more serious note, the LC library lets you take 30 items out at one time and has a really good collection, there is a ton of cool history to learn about both here, in El Paso and the surrounding areas and, if you are interested in space stuff, this is definitely the place to be.
I know a lot of people talk about the crime here. I think they do it because they want to keep this lovely city to themselves. I lived in New York City (Manhattan, Brooklyn) and Northern New Jersey (not far from Newark) for a long time. Every day and night I heard police sirens and car alarms and the like. The newspapers were full of terrible things. Of course, there is some crime here, as there is everywhere, but, compared to the Northeast and other parts of the country, it is really pretty safe here.
Good luck with your search.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:30 PM

815 posts, read 1,795,308 times
Default Check Out Roswell

I go into Roswell a few times a month and ive been doing this for the last 10 years or more and i like the Town and the people and the Warm weather and the bargain prices in Real Estate if you look around and rent before buying. el pintada kid

Old 03-08-2008, 01:51 PM

4 posts, read 6,558 times
Hi, I am selling a home in Vado, New Mexico 12 miles from Las Cruces, NM does have night life. Dont know what your price range is? Our place has 2.5 acres and you can have horses. Very beautiful desert area, quiet, very very safe. Ive live here by myself for nine years. Very little snow, about 2 months of cold weather not severe.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:31 PM

3 posts, read 6,020 times
I moved here in fall 07, and I'm now ready to leave. It's boring here, and super boring if you're under the age of 40. The people here are very dumb annoying also...

PS: Green chili sucks!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:19 PM

3,059 posts, read 6,337,273 times
So glad to hear you are leaving.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:56 PM

8,177 posts, read 16,218,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnewbauer84 View Post
I moved here in fall 07, and I'm now ready to leave. It's boring here, and super boring if you're under the age of 40. The people here are very dumb annoying also...

He/she can't even spell "chile" right.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:09 PM

3,229 posts, read 5,926,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnewbauer84 View Post

Must be a Texan....

Old 03-12-2008, 01:56 PM

13,024 posts, read 24,449,982 times
He states it's boring here. I guess he won't be too bored (He's moving to California) as they said on the CBS Evening News last night that there are 80,000 hard core gang members just in Los Angeles alone .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico