Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:24 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,873,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
TBH it took about 3 months for my stomach to adjust. I always liked it but it didnt like me. Irish / English food isnt as bland as one would think, its just not spiced with Jalapenos or Serrano peppers. I make alot of traditional Irish food with peppers, "New Irish" food if you wish hehe.
No?? Well....enjoy your new restaurant!! If I am ever up that way, I'll be sure and stop by to sample the menu!!

Since the cook is from Mexico, she will appreciate it when I ask for some salsa from the kitchen.....i.e, not toned way down for typical American/European palates....!!!

She will also most likely have several different kinds of salsas....if so, you are in for a real treat.

Nobody knows how to cook like interior Mexicans.....northern Mexican food is also very good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 03:38 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,757 times
Im sure she will. Her son says she cant cook Gringo!

Old 12-05-2007, 07:32 PM

3 posts, read 9,643 times
you might have grown up in Hatch if you live in Nevada and grow Barker and Sandia chili every summer.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:04 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Not entirely irrelevant but you know you are a New Hampshire Yankee from north of the Notch when you get supper by drilling a hole through three feet of ice and waiting for a trout to wander by. If you do catch one you cook it over a hardwood fire and serve it with baked potatoes and heated hard cider.

I figure I'll learn most of the New Mexico traits after I retire out there.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:15 PM

3 posts, read 9,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Not entirely irrelevant but you know you are a New Hampshire Yankee from north of the Notch when you get supper by drilling a hole through three feet of ice and waiting for a trout to wander by. If you do catch one you cook it over a hardwood fire and serve it with baked potatoes and heated hard cider.

You will probably love it. Had a few cold winters growing up but never saw three foot of ice. I do love the trout & potatoes though.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:17 PM

203 posts, read 714,212 times
Default drive ups

"22. You don't see anything wrong with drive-up window liquor sales."

Farmington used to have the ultimate: A combination Pawn/Gun/Liquor Store with drive up window...

The scenario I envision: "I'd like to trade this wedding ring for a bottle of Crown and a box of 9mm hydra-shok's, please"

Old 12-10-2007, 12:21 AM

140 posts, read 475,275 times
Default You Know If....

HEY my WIfe and i grow our on peppers and make our own Salsa does that count ? Whats with this emphasis on Green Chilli ? is this a meat chilli or veggie ?
We can make anykind ! Our neighbors want our recipes, but we show them how out of pity haha . We make Chilli Rellenos form our Garden ANaheim Chillis, we think Pablanos are too thick skinned and wonder why resturants want to serve Chilli Rellenos this way- ANaHeims Rule ! We can't wait to sell our place and Move to New Mexcio- we are so excited. Best WIshes . PS maybe we are Pepper Snobs, but we know the difference, we growem ! all in fun.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:25 AM

140 posts, read 475,275 times
Default Hard apple cider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

Hard Apple Cider -wow its raining cold and that sounds great pass it over ! I wonder if we can make some Hard Pepper Cider- what a Bang that would be !

Old 12-10-2007, 06:22 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I have made, using locally grown apples, hard cider (freshly fermented unpasteurized cider), apple wine (still and sparkling)(filtered hard cider aged in old Champaign bottles) and freeze concentrated applejack (hard cider put in the freezer until partially frozen and the ice crystals strained out and repeated until the drink is about 20 proof). I figure I’ll keep making the stuff because the primary ingredient is fresh fruit and fruit is grown in NM as well as NH. Adding some chili would create an interesting drink. I’ll experiment with a dash of habanero sauce in my next glass of my own apple wine.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:51 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,586,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
onelilredrose:

That was wonderful!!!!

I am printing it out to stick in my NM planning book and read when the stresses of preparing this move start to get to me...it lists all the reasons I can't wait to get to NM!!!

THANKS!
I think that I just decoded your screenname "Towanda"; would that be "To wander" or "To want to"? We have a Towanda, Pennsylvania which is about 50 miles northwest of my location in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico