Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which candidate do you support for US House of Representives District 1 in NM? (Heinrich or Barela)
Martin Heinrich (D) (Incumbent) 7 36.84%
Jon Barela (R) 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 05:14 PM

152 posts, read 319,388 times

Advertisements

Hi all! Since there is a poll for the governor's race on this forum, I decided to add a poll for the District 1 Congressional Race, in which Martin Heinrich (D) and Jon Barela (R) are running. Which candidate do you support and why? Do you think District 1 will continue to have a Democratic Congressman, or will we go back to having a Republican, as we did for 10 years, before Martin Heinrich took office?

Last edited by Brendan M; 09-18-2010 at 05:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 05:33 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,079 times
I support Martin Heinrich. I heard he got named the hottest member of Congress...

Old 09-19-2010, 11:33 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,984,720 times
I don't care about who is hot, and who is not.

His job is not to look hot. It is to represent the first district.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
I don't care about who is hot, and who is not.

His job is not to look hot. It is to represent the first district.
great point!!!!

Old 09-20-2010, 08:10 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
This election cycle, just about anyone with a (D) in front of their name will be "persona non grata", at least for me. This is the first district, so I am not eligible to vote, but I will be voting for Steve Pearce against Harry Teague, unless something incredible happens.

New Mexico is almost completely dominated by Democrats. Usually, when this happens, welfare and public assistance tends to soar. You need a strong two-party system, at the very least. I wish there were more than two parties that were viable.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:29 AM

5,014 posts, read 7,401,352 times
This is another useless poll where people who aren't even registered to vote here attempt to skew the results and weigh in constantly with their opinions.

Anyway, I wasn't very impressed with Heinrich until one of the "attack" ads showed that he votes 97% with one of my heroes, Nancy Pelosi. So that makes him about a hundred times better than Jon Barela who I'd never heard of and who will try to use his vote to filibuster anything the Obama administration tries to do for America, which is essentially undoing the eight years of disastrous policy of the Bush administration.

I will vote for people who can work with the Obama administration, not against it.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:34 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
This is another useless poll where people who aren't even registered to vote here attempt to skew the results and weigh in constantly with their opinions.

Anyway, I wasn't very impressed with Heinrich until one of the "attack" ads showed that he votes 97% with one of my heroes, Nancy Pelosi. So that makes him about a hundred times better than Jon Barela who I'd never heard of and who will try to use his vote to filibuster anything the Obama administration tries to do for America, which is essentially undoing the eight years of disastrous policy of the Bush administration.

I will vote for people who can work with the Obama administration, not against it.
I, for one, did not click on the radio button for either candidate, because, as you say, I am not eligible to vote in this district!

I actually agree with the bolded part. These polls are open to all, so in reality, they are nonsensical.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:27 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,076,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421
... These polls ... in reality, they are nonsensical.
No they're not.

They are a great form of entertainment.

As domino famously said in the other poll;
"I actually look forward to your posts. You're always good for
something outrageous and unsubstantiated on a slow day."

This goes for more than one poster.

I don't know what the record is for responses, but bradly's "governor"
poll certainly ranks in the top five or so all-time posts, polls or whatever.

For this, he can be proud. ( That, and creative grammar and spelling. )

Old 09-20-2010, 11:11 AM

3,435 posts, read 6,984,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
This is another useless poll where people who aren't even registered to vote
Exactly! I'm sure half of them are.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:29 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,723,418 times
To be totally fair, the title of the poll is which candidate do you support, not who will you vote for. As has been seen in many of the campaigns (governor, cough, cough), you don't have to live in the district, state, or even be eligible to vote, to support a candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
View detailed profiles of: