Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2009, 09:52 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,590,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Sex Pedi Tres (latin)

I was thinking Sex was German and Tres was French. Didn't know what Pedi was.
Sex is Six, Pedi is Foot, Tres is Three .

I quasi studied latin in school so i quasi know some of it but no one speaks it except latin clubs or certain catholic churches so it's easy to forget it.

I like your new photo...... is it a Celtic symbol?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 09:58 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,590,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Well, you could join us for a cup of coffee at the place on Scenic.....I haven't been up there since I moved here. I ate there a couple of times when I was driving back and forth!

That's tough on the gluten intolerance--sorry to hear about it. It really is all over the place. If you cook, you can make sauces with cornstarch instead of flour, but you probably are already aware of that!
LOL...i went to burger king yesterday as you just gotta have some fast food every so often as we are all human so i threw the bun away and eat it like an ''atkins diet'' but some of the bread was stuck on the patties as i thought no problem as that was just a tad bit and now i'm sitting here with my intestines burning as it takes about 24 hours for them to calm down .

Whats really kinda funny is most people in the world can handle grains/gluten as i can't and yet i can handle all dairy as i love milk and produce lactase and yet 90% of the world is lactose intolerent and can't handle dairy as it's strainge how we can be different in our Genomes.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:03 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,853,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
LOL...i went to burger king yesterday as you just gotta have some fast food every so often as we are all human so i threw the bun away and eat it like an ''atkins diet'' but some of the bread was stuck on the patties as i thought no problem as that was just a tad bit and now i'm sitting here with my intestines burning as it takes about 24 hours for them to calm down .

Whats really kinda funny is most people in the world can handle grains/gluten as i can't and yet i can handle all dairy as i love milk and produce lactase and yet 90% of the world is lactose intolerent and can't handle dairy as it's strainge how we can be different in our Genomes.
It is strange how that works, isn't it?

I like the new steakburgers with BBQ sauce and onion rings...I have those occasionally, though I'm not much for fast food!

Old 03-13-2009, 11:21 AM

146 posts, read 440,042 times
Hi, all!!! Just wanted to put my opinion out there.... we got back from a quick trip to Alamo a couple of weeks ago - and are busy trying to get affairs arranged so that we can move down.

I'm excited to explore the quilting guild, and there are tons of friendly people around the area!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 11:57 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,269,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyBQuilts View Post
Hi, all!!! Just wanted to put my opinion out there.... we got back from a quick trip to Alamo a couple of weeks ago - and are busy trying to get affairs arranged so that we can move down.

I'm excited to explore the quilting guild, and there are tons of friendly people around the area!!!

Our radio station says "the friendliest place on earth."

Old 03-13-2009, 04:44 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,321,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Sex is Six, Pedi is Foot, Tres is Three .

I quasi studied latin in school so i quasi know some of it but no one speaks it except latin clubs or certain catholic churches so it's easy to forget it.

I like your new photo...... is it a Celtic symbol?
I thought you were using different languages so now I know.
I was looking for fairy images at one time because I was going to have a small one put on my lower back and couldn't find any I would have liked as a tattoo but I did like the images overall and decided to use this one in my profile. Not sure if it's a Celtic one or not but having some red hair and dressing in green I thought was pretty so I put her on. Glad you like it.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
It is strange how that works, isn't it?

I like the new steakburgers with BBQ sauce and onion rings...I have those occasionally, though I'm not much for fast food!
I don't do great with restaurants anyway and especially fast food. I don't know how alot of people can eat out all the time. It's so unhealthy and you never know what they do to the food or what's going in it.
Give me a home cooked meal anytime.
By the way, Chilegal is a great cook.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyBQuilts View Post

Yay Cindy !!!!
Have you all set a date yet when you'll be arriving in Alamo/Tularosa?

Old 03-13-2009, 05:48 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,853,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I don't do great with restaurants anyway and especially fast food. I don't know how alot of people can eat out all the time. It's so unhealthy and you never know what they do to the food or what's going in it.
Give me a home cooked meal anytime.
By the way, Chilegal is a great cook.
Well, the restaurants here are, for the most part, mediocre, though some are better than others.

The fast food here is WORSE than most places. It's never all that great any other place, though.

Yes, she is a good cook!

I'm headed for Ft Davis/Alpine/Big Bend in April....and the first thing I'm going to do after I check in is go eat some good Tex-Mex food!!!

I hate to admit it, but I really do miss it. I like New Mexican food fine, but I miss the other.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:41 PM

OMG Cathy! You're going to Texas and the FIRST thing you're going to do is eat??
What about going to the greatest grocer ever?
(Okay I had to throw that in)
Speaking of restaurants, we went to Casa Suenos yesterday. Charlie liked it alot. We both had the buffet and I don't do well with buffets but I ate it anyway but next time we go, I'll get something else from the menu.
Loved the atmosphere and decor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico