U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2007, 11:51 PM

11,798 posts, read 20,059,138 times

Advertisements

wa3pnt: Well said. I think the aluminum trees are pretty, too. Not to mention all the good that can be done with them. They may well end up helipng the communities that they are in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 07:02 AM

1,063 posts, read 2,539,581 times
wa3pnt: You did say it well. I have helped in a tornado disaster where the ham radios were the only things that would work. But those that have not "been there.done that" situation do not realize the help you all are. And besides once a tower is up, you look past it and it is not a solid wall to block the view. I would welcome you as a neighbor.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:26 AM

chilegal: Thank you very much! I appreciate your comments a lot.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:30 AM

13,140 posts, read 34,335,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
wa3pnt: You did say it well. I have helped in a tornado disaster where the ham radios were the only things that would work. But those that have not "been there.done that" situation do not realize the help you all are. And besides once a tower is up, you look past it and it is not a solid wall to block the view. I would welcome you as a neighbor.
Chilegal....your always so friendly to everyone and always welcoming ...so if i make it up to Timberon i'll have to say hey to everyone there. I stiill remember the Timberon Lodge if i'm correct of the name and place as its been years since i've been up there before they paved the road to Sunspot. It's so remote and peaceful there and not the daily grime of the city life where i'm at now or other large cities i've lived in the past around the good o'l USA....

Heck who know's maybe a fellow illiniosian (is that correct term) like yourself and i.e. ....Steve-O ......maybe he'll come down to visit you guys over there....lol.....

harry......

Old 10-10-2007, 02:13 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,539,581 times
Thanks Harry,
Timberon is wonderful, you would enjoy it up there. And the road is paved all the way now! But I am in Alamo a lot also so let me know when you come down. Just wish I was there right now but am back in IL with grandson due to arrive this month. Mom will need the help.
Jane

Old 10-17-2007, 05:44 AM

41,043 posts, read 45,624,979 times
We spend a couple of days in Alamo and kind of liked the place. If I needed work after I retired I would really consider the town. If you want to know about the roads to the mountains check out 6"3's video. If you want to know about nightclubs I cannot help you because what little drinking I do is at home. That being said wherever there are more than 200 people there is a bar and a night drinking/entertainment scene. For example there is a bar at the junction of Rt 23 & Rt 26 west of Las Cruces.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:12 AM

13,140 posts, read 34,335,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If you want to know about the roads to the mountains check out 6"3's video.
Sure hope i don't see those guys crusing around up there when i'm on the roads up there....lol....

Old 10-18-2007, 11:24 PM

They were a little squidly, but they were just having a good time, not flipping people off or anything. Probably they were celebrating not being stuck behind an RV. They weren't exactly cruising...they were making time.

Old 12-22-2007, 02:58 PM

26 posts, read 36,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa3pnt View Post
We're going to Las Cruces the 5-7th of October to provide sound at the Turquoise Circuit Finals Rodeo, and after droping some equipment off on 2 October in Las Cruces plan to pull up to Alamogordo to look at some Homes and Properties before the Rodeo. Plan to arrive 2 October and depart 4 October.

Can someone recommend a RV Park in Alamogordo? We have two miniature Daschunds, so Park must allow pets.

Thanks for any suggestions.

George
Have you started building your home yet?

Old 12-23-2007, 10:07 AM

2,308 posts, read 1,874,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa3pnt View Post
I've been reading the other threads regarding Alamogordo, and recognize this Forum as a wealth of information on an upcoming move to Alamogordo.

By way of background, My wife and I have a home in Yuma, AZ, which is on the market, and are moving to Alamogordo. If we cannot find a suitable established Site built Home, we contemplate building.

Some of our requirements for the new location are the ability to park our RV on the property, the ability to put up my 89' Amateur Radio Tower (self supporting, no guys), .5 to 2 Acres lot size, and access off of a paved road.

The cost of raw land development (Well, Septic, Electric, etc.) pushes us in the direction of a subdivision, but the above requirements may dictate otherwise.

Plans are for a 4 bedroom home approximately 2500 SqFt, with garage. The ability to construct an outbuilding for a shop and possible RV Storage would be a big plus.

My wife remains at our home most of the year, but I travel extensively providing Scoreboard and Sound for Rodeos throughout the west. In fact, we plan to go to Alamogordo on about 2 October on our way to Las Cruces to do the Sound at the Turquoise Circuit Finals Rodeo the 5-7th of October.

Of course the selling price of our home in Yuma will dictate the funding available for the Alamogordo end.

Other locations in the near vicinity of Alamogordo such as La Luz, Tularosa, and Three Rivers are also an option providing that they are similar to Alamogordo with respect to climate.

Okay, comments please!

Thanks,

George & Carolyn
Your handle (WA3PNT) looks like an Amateur Radio call sign from the Middle Atlantic States; might that be correct? KN3TFM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico