U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 08:28 AM

576 posts, read 2,012,387 times

Advertisements

I took some photos recently at Ned Houk Park, a few miles north of Clovis. You can see them here: Zees Go West: The Plains Close-Up

By the way, when I checked out Clovis on CD, I was pretty discouraged by the negative views expressed. I just want everyone to keep in mind that you are often reading the opinions of just a few people whose likes/dislikes may be very different from yours, and that a visit in person is invaluable in making your relocation decision. This farming and ranching community may not be to everyone's liking, but we have just moved here from New Hampshire and are finding beautiful vistas, very reasonable housing, and the friendliest people you would ever want to meet. We are so glad to have finally made it to New Mexico!

~clairz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 09:44 AM

3,012 posts, read 8,764,258 times
Hi clairz!

I checked out your pictures and your blog. Excellent job; your pictures are great and your blog is another good one that I am bookmarking so I can check back and read more about your experiences living in NM (I'm living vicariously through those of you who got there before I did. )

As far as negative comments, I have been seeing them in regards to Santa Fe for the entire time I have been posting here at C-D. I used to get very upset and sad that so many people dislike Santa Fe, and I would stay away from this discussion board for lengths of time because of it. Then I came to realize that there will be negative people anywhere you go on the internet. I KNOW how I feel about Santa Fe, and that is what I care about. It is just kind of sad that the picky comments don't help the impression that people from outside the state will get this wonderful special place, in which each area is different and has its positive aspects.

Enjoy your stay in Clovis...and keep the blog entries and photographs coming!

Sharon

Old 07-09-2007, 04:39 PM

74 posts, read 238,737 times
Here is a very non typical eastern N.M. sunset.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:57 PM

13,140 posts, read 35,968,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairz View Post
I took some photos recently at Ned Houk Park, a few miles north of Clovis. You can see them here: Zees Go West: The Plains Close-Up

By the way, when I checked out Clovis on CD, I was pretty discouraged by the negative views expressed. I just want everyone to keep in mind that you are often reading the opinions of just a few people whose likes/dislikes may be very different from yours, and that a visit in person is invaluable in making your relocation decision. This farming and ranching community may not be to everyone's liking, but we have just moved here from New Hampshire and are finding beautiful vistas, very reasonable housing, and the friendliest people you would ever want to meet. We are so glad to have finally made it to New Mexico!

~clairz
Good for you Clairz and hope you guys do well out there. I always pull for Eastern NM as they get no respect except during high school football season as the state champs are mostly from there. I went to clovis about 5 years ago and the people were just the friendliest i've encountered.....

Old 07-09-2007, 08:12 PM

13,140 posts, read 35,968,549 times
Default Sacramento Mountains Lakes

Here's some lakes up in the Sacramento mountains in Southern NM
Attached Thumbnails
Anybody with NM photos?-dscn1360.jpg   Anybody with NM photos?-dscn1363.jpg   Anybody with NM photos?-dscn1361.jpg   Anybody with NM photos?-7175.jpg   Anybody with NM photos?-8ebd.jpg  

Anybody with NM photos?-im000971.jpg   Anybody with NM photos?-e0ed.jpg  

Old 07-10-2007, 09:46 AM
LLD

654 posts, read 2,771,750 times
Okay I'm going to "pin" this thread. May I suggest that only photos and commentary about the photos be included here and that we don't get off on tangents or other topics etc. Lots of great photos. Also, if you are posting links to the photos if you could just give even a one liner description so people know before they follow the link that would be nice.

I hope a thread full of photos doesn't take a huge amount of time to access but we shall see how things go.

BTW, some AMAZING photos here. NM really is a very beautiful place.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:39 AM

7,504 posts, read 15,962,470 times
Not exactly scenic but taken in NM none the less!

My RC plane at dusk, I relly like this pic

Honestly cant remember where this was taken, but its in Union County somewhere

Clayton Lake State Park

Ill add more as I get time.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:56 PM

5,549 posts, read 13,843,208 times
LLD recommended:

> May I suggest .... hope a thread full of photos doesn't
> take a huge amount of time to access .....

I would add that when replying, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
don't click the (Quote) -- reply with quote button!

Every single friggin photo is repeated multiple times and
they all have to load. For those without blazing fast
connections, this is extremely irritating an unnecessary.

If you need to reference the picture just take a second and
describe it or cut out that one photo.

Thank you for your consideration.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:15 PM
LLD

654 posts, read 2,771,750 times
Excellent point Mortimer. Yes, please don't repeat the same pics over and over in your replies.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:56 PM

102 posts, read 525,476 times
Default Wow, some great photo's !!

YB are you a photographer? You should be, those are excellent photo's, not a bad one in the bunch.

Harry O. and Brian H. also some very nice photos thanks for sharing. I'll be in NM in Sept. and see if I can come up with some as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico