Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2016, 06:33 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,255,493 times

Advertisements

Curious that someone would do such a hit job without explanation.

Is there significance in that the Post Office sign is the only thing that didn't look rundown?
Is it a photo series to make a political statement and the artist is gauging reactions?
Or is it the work of a bored, angst ridden teenager looking to rundown the boring home town that he can't wait to leave?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Alamo may not be the prettiest little city around but it does have some nice neighborhoods and some thriving businesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 09:46 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,561,736 times
Trip to Las Cruces, March, 2016. Mesilla, New Mexico

IMG_7711 by Ricardo, on Flickr

IMG_7696 by Ricardo, on Flickr

IMG_7706b by Ricardo, on Flickr

Old 03-25-2016, 08:21 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,114,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasters View Post
The area looks very run down.
Any area can be made to appear "run down" if only represented by the most decrepit photos possible.

There is no question that Alamogordo has many weathered and beaten structures, but the very worst situation lies outside the city limits where the city does not have code enforcement jurisdiction. As I have explained in other posts on the NM forums, Alamogordo is primarily a 'working class' town, with some of the lowest wage rates in the country. It's reflected in the number of vehicles parked on the Walmart parking lot at any given time of the day - the busiest place in town.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:41 AM

16,017 posts, read 10,579,551 times
Recent visit to Silver City and Gila Cliff Dwellings

Old 03-26-2016, 06:43 PM

25 posts, read 38,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Curious that someone would do such a hit job without explanation.

Is there significance in that the Post Office sign is the only thing that didn't look rundown?
Is it a photo series to make a political statement and the artist is gauging reactions?
Or is it the work of a bored, angst ridden teenager looking to rundown the boring home town that he can't wait to leave?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Alamo may not be the prettiest little city around but it does have some nice neighborhoods and some thriving businesses.
This is a reply to another thread about Alamogordo. I posted the pics there but the moderator moved them . The photo expose will eventually be the Good-bad-ugly about Alamogordo. The pic of the post office sign is to confirm the area and how it all needs a good cleaning.

Old 03-26-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Revis View Post
This is a reply to another thread about Alamogordo. I posted the pics there but the moderator moved them . The photo expose will eventually be the Good-bad-ugly about Alamogordo. The pic of the post office sign is to confirm the area and how it all needs a good cleaning.
You posted the pictures with no comments. Nothing, just drive by, drop them and leave... So I moved them at my discretion. If you want them in a particular place then contact me with a suitable comment and where you want them.

From the Terms Of Service (TOS) which you agreed to when you registered: Terms Of Service
Quote:
All posts unrelated to local matters will be deleted or moved. Threads dealing with controversial topics that often degenerate into flame wars, such as politics or religion, may be moved, closed, or deleted by moderators at their discretion without any warning to the participants.
Quote:
Discussing moderator actions (deleting/moving/editing threads or posts) is not allowed in the public forums.
Quote:
Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated.

Old 03-26-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
You posted the pictures with no comments. Nothing, just drive by, drop them and leave... So I moved them at my discretion. If you want them in a particular place then contact me with a suitable comment and where you want them.

From the Terms Of Service (TOS) which you agreed to when you registered: Terms Of Service

I understand.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:28 AM

Day Trip through Abiquiu, Cuba and Espanola, New Mexico:

IMG_4789 by Ricardo, on Flickr.

IMG_4665 by Ricardo, on Flickr.

Img_4712_ed_2 by Ricardo, on Flickr.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:10 AM

One of many public parks in Alamogordo. [IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-28-2016, 08:11 AM

Visitors Center and Welcome center in Alamogordo. There is free Wi-Fi available here. [IMG][/IMG]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico