U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 09:20 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,080,312 times
It's funny how Republicans come to this thread to bash Democrats, yet have nothing to say about Susana or her accomplishments (if any) as governor. I've been waiting to see someone answer the earlier question of "How is she doing?" by saying something in her favor. But instead all we get is snide remarks about liberals. As long as there's an "R" after her name, everything's supposed to be OK. Typical.

No surprise that Susana wants to change New Mexico law which requires the Lieutenant Governor to serve as Governor when the Governor is out of state. Yes folks, she spends so much time in Texas, she wants to change the law so she can govern New Mexico from Texas. Can you imagine the outcry from Republicans if Richardson had tried to pull something like that? Maybe she can't trust Sanchez?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 11:35 AM

1,643 posts, read 1,448,819 times
She got rid of that stupid plane
She puts children in front of teachers unions
Continues to fight to repeal the licenses for illegal
Cut staff in the governors mansion
Willing to fight it out with the dems
Cut cabinet pay
Is pissing of the Dem party with here high approval #'s
Here name isn't plastered on every project around the state
She realizes we're not under taxed and that the state has over spent
She's not Bill Richardson

More later after my phone is charged up

Old 01-29-2012, 11:54 AM

17,146 posts, read 17,859,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
It's funny how Republicans come to this thread to bash Democrats,
I don't think it's funny nor an accurate assessment, in my opinion of course.
Quote:
yet have nothing to say about Susana or her accomplishments (if any) as governor.
I started to initially in this thread, however decided my politics will be face to face with humans, in a primarily volunteer mode, even if with the "other party". And I really do not have the time...

Quote:
I've been waiting to see someone answer the earlier question of "How is she doing?" by saying something in her favor.
Me too, and you all know, should know, or might eventually know that when this thread turns away from just New Mexico politics, or nasty, rude, etc etc etc, it might be closed, moved or deleted... Visit the POC forum for a treat: Politics and Other Controversies
Rich

Old 01-29-2012, 11:53 PM

296 posts, read 258,294 times
I love what Liberals have to say, it's actually pretty funny.

Thank god, Diane Denish lost, that is all I have to say.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMHacker View Post
She got rid of that stupid plane
She puts children in front of teachers unions
Continues to fight to repeal the licenses for illegal
Cut staff in the governors mansion
Willing to fight it out with the dems
Cut cabinet pay
Is pissing of the Dem party with here high approval #'s
Here name isn't plastered on every project around the state
She realizes we're not under taxed and that the state has over spent
She's not Bill Richardson

More later after my phone is charged up
I'm underwhelmed. Most of this is purely symbolic. I'm still waiting for some real accomplishments. Does she have a project that she could have plastered her name on? Didn't think so. I see Barbara and Bill Richardson's names plastered over the 500,000 square ft. addition to UNM Hospital almost every day, the Children's Hospital part. It cares for 60,000 children a year. It's a great achievement we can all be proud of from a governor who actually had vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan from NM View Post
I love what Liberals have to say, it's actually pretty funny.
Here's something else that's pretty funny: it's halfway through this year's legislative session and Martinez has achieved NONE of her agenda. Zero, zilch, nada.
But she sure is popular with the voters.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:08 AM

13,961 posts, read 6,927,305 times
Quote:
I'm underwhelmed. Most of this is purely symbolic. I'm still waiting for some real accomplishments. Does she have a project that she could have plastered her name on? Didn't think so. I see Barbara and Bill Richardson's names plastered over the 500,000 square ft. addition to UNM Hospital almost every day, the Children's Hospital part. It cares for 60,000 children a year. It's a great achievement we can all be proud of from a governor who actually had vision.

Here's something else that's pretty funny: it's halfway through this year's legislative session and Martinez has achieved NONE of her agenda. Zero, zilch, nada.
But she sure is popular with the voters.
It's pretty sad really. After a year in office, she apparently has not built any sort of coalition within the legislature to help her advance her positions.
A lot of these issues are issues that matter to a lot of people and so one would think it should not be impossible to cross the aisle, as it were.
I certainly have to wonder what it is that makes her so ineffective in that regard as I really don't believe that it is simply partisan politics.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:55 AM

You guys are a funny lot.

Last edited by NMHacker; 02-01-2012 at 09:06 AM..

Old 02-01-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It's pretty sad really. After a year in office, she apparently has not built any sort of coalition within the legislature to help her advance her positions.
A lot of these issues are issues that matter to a lot of people and so one would think it should not be impossible to cross the aisle, as it were.
I certainly have to wonder what it is that makes her so ineffective in that regard as I really don't believe that it is simply partisan politics.
Hi TigerLily24, great to see you back!

Susana's strengths are law enforcement, shooting practice, and stirring up xenophobia over the driver's license issue (which probably causes her Mexican grandparents to roll over in their graves). That's it. She does not "play well with others." One of her big ideas is to give a book to every first grader in the state to encourage reading. Really? This is the kind of "leadership" and "vision" we're subjected to now. Her high approval ratings are an indicator of how low our expectations have fallen, not of her performance.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Hi TigerLily24, great to see you back!

Susana's strengths are law enforcement, shooting practice, and stirring up xenophobia over the driver's license issue (which probably causes her Mexican grandparents to roll over in their graves). That's it. She does not "play well with others." One of her big ideas is to give a book to every first grader in the state to encourage reading. Really? This is the kind of "leadership" and "vision" we're subjected to now. Her high approval ratings are an indicator of how low our expectations have fallen, not of her performance.
Here we have Tiger saying it's not partisan politics then you follow up with absolutely nothing but partisan politics. Giving every 1st grader a book is not the jest of her ideas on education. You took one sole piece to play partisan politics. No wonder the Dems are loosing control in this state (albeit slowly). People are getting tired of that game.

Additionally her rating are an indicator of how low the public's expectations have fallen. The prior administration caused those expectations to plummet.

Last edited by NMHacker; 02-01-2012 at 12:10 PM..

Old 02-01-2012, 07:36 PM

17,146 posts, read 17,859,157 times
"I don't help child killers":

Noe Torres caught in Mexico - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico