U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 01-06-2011, 10:58 AM

45,930 posts, read 34,604,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
More so than most Republican governors. She is more in the mold of West Coast and Northeast Republicans. At least she doesn't invoke Jesus every third sentence, but she doesn't seem to want make a mark on personal freedoms.

Agreed. Unfortunately most Republican states consider Gary Johnson to be a cross between the devil and a very unfunny joke.
most Republican governors do not invoke Jeasus every third sentence like you cliam. Let's hear examples of those who do..And no, many Republican states and many Republicans do not find him a joke.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:02 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,765,873 times
Gary Johnson is so 20th century.

Today it was reported that Susana wants to name 75-year-old astronaut and global warming denier Harrison Schmitt to head the Energy, Minerals, and Natural Resources Dept. A day after she removed all the members of the Environmental Improvement Board. See where this is going? Way to "take back" the state, Susana!

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:21 PM

206 posts, read 206,625 times
Global warming denier? I f you would do a little research Aries you would see that their is much debate about the topic. For some reason, it has become a "religion" for the left.

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:33 PM

665 posts, read 670,628 times
I just love the term "denier," like it's some crime against humanity, invoking in people a knee-jerk reaction to link global warming questioners to holocaust deniers. IMO questioning the science behind the current global warming craze is not only okay, it's what the scientific method is supposed to be all about - see Scientific method - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Steps of the Scientific Method.

Aries, don't know if you've taken the time to review the lengthy list of the poorly and in my opinion purposely misnamed GW deniers but there are lots of highly reputable scientific minds that are on the list. And if you research why they're on it you may find that the GW "truth" isn't nearly as clear-cut as most of the mainstream media and the politically correct folks would like you to believe.

I'm not an expert on GW specifically, but I am an expert in air quality control and have lots of experience in reviewing environmental data. While not totally in the camp of denying GW I've read enough and looked at sufficient data to be firmly convinced that the jury is still out on whether GW is (1) happening, (2) man-made, and/or (3) something we can or should do anything about and exactly what that something should be. I'm also old enough to remember when lots of folks were warning how we were heading into the next Ice Age.

Before you dismiss someone just because of their views on GW maybe you want to do a lot more personal research on the subject.

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:37 PM
JBM

524 posts, read 476,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
Gary Johnson is so 20th century.

Today it was reported that Susana wants to name 75-year-old astronaut and global warming denier Harrison Schmitt to head the Energy, Minerals, and Natural Resources Dept. A day after she removed all the members of the Environmental Improvement Board. See where this is going? Way to "take back" the state, Susana!
She's considering removing domestic partner benefits for state employees. So much for being "everyone's governor." She clearly has no respect for gays and lesbians in our state. Not only is she unwilling to protect our fragile environment, she's also unwilling to take a stand for dignity and integrity. Let's start getting geared for 2012 and 2014. We've got this. New Mexicans will quickly learn what a mistake it was to cast a ballot for her, or how stupid they were for not showing up to vote. She's shown her true colors.

Gary Johnson she is not.

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:42 PM

1,977 posts, read 2,524,654 times
I briefly owned Harrison Schmitt's mother's car. The rear windows wouldn't close properly
(a fault in most Buicks of that vintage), so I wonder if that proximity to the weather of the
moment influenced his judgment?

(No, that's not his mother, that's my wife so careful!!)

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:52 PM

206 posts, read 206,625 times
JBM..No, it's Not clear that she has no respect for gay's and Lesbian's. She just doesn't think the taxpayer should "foot the bill' for the boyfriends and girlfriends of gay's...

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwjoyak View Post
I just love the term "denier," like it's some crime against humanity, invoking in people a knee-jerk reaction to link global warming questioners to holocaust deniers. IMO questioning the science behind the current global warming craze is not only okay, it's what the scientific method is supposed to be all about - see Scientific method - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Steps of the Scientific Method.

Aries, don't know if you've taken the time to review the lengthy list of the poorly and in my opinion purposely misnamed GW deniers but there are lots of highly reputable scientific minds that are on the list. And if you research why they're on it you may find that the GW "truth" isn't nearly as clear-cut as most of the mainstream media and the politically correct folks would like you to believe.
This would be credible but for the fact that the corporate lobbyists and far-right wing in the US are heavily invested in denying that humans play a part in climate change. Acknowledging an endangered environment is not part of their "business model." I am sure you're not so naive to think otherwise.

I think that Susana is coming out of the gate as a political extremist, which could be her undoing in four years.

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike b 1 View Post
JBM..No, it's Not clear that she has no respect for gay's and Lesbian's. She just doesn't think the taxpayer should "foot the bill' for the boyfriends and girlfriends of gay's...
I'm gay and I pay my taxes!!

Unread 01-06-2011, 04:14 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,271,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
I'm gay and I pay my taxes!!
I don't think Mike has a problem with you.

Just your boyfriend.

Basically, you cannot have a relationship acknowledged by the state of NM, either as a marriage or civil union so you just have to shack up and don't expect anyone to recognize whatever relationship you have, no matter how permanent, as equal to ( or close to being equal to ) a straight marriage.

And it's not climate change, it's pre-rapture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico