U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 12:33 AM

49 posts, read 337,946 times

Advertisements

I know there are a few threads on food in NM but i wanted to know about the ones in just Farmington not all over the state. So please post your fav fast food, mexican food, or any other restaurant you love and why..Is Farmington a great place to get hatched chili's??
Blessings
Kalli
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 04:33 AM
RKW

24 posts, read 61,184 times
Compared to other cities in NM, Farmington doesn't have a good selection of Mexican Food restaurants. I like Los Rios for lunch. Besides that, I can't recommend any other places for Mexican. I've found Red Lobster and Outback consistantly good.

Hatch (not hatched) green chilis are available every fall at most of the supermarkets. Venders will fresh roast them in big wire tumblers in the parking lot of the supermarkets.

Last edited by RKW; 04-07-2007 at 04:45 AM..

Old 04-07-2007, 06:40 AM

49 posts, read 337,946 times
So its the same as here in Az With chili's then.. Yeah i know how they are roasted.

thanks for your reply
blessings

Old 04-08-2007, 02:03 AM

175 posts, read 1,056,236 times
I agree with RKW Farmington dosent have that many good mexican restaurants, but one I really do like is Los Hermanitos.Its hard to even find a burrito in that town.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:30 AM

476 posts, read 2,088,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallista View Post
I know there are a few threads on food in NM but i wanted to know about the ones in just Farmington not all over the state. So please post your fav fast food, mexican food, or any other restaurant you love and why..Is Farmington a great place to get hatched chili's??
Blessings
Kalli
Kalli, if you get to Durango, Franciscos on Main Avenue near the train station is great. In Farmington, Si Senors 4015 E 30th St, Farmington, NM is where I go sometimes. It is pretty good.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:49 PM

9,191 posts, read 18,519,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKW View Post
Compared to other cities in NM, Farmington doesn't have a good selection of Mexican Food restaurants. I like Los Rios for lunch. Besides that, I can't recommend any other places for Mexican. I've found Red Lobster and Outback consistantly good.

Hatch (not hatched) green chilis are available every fall at most of the supermarkets. Venders will fresh roast them in big wire tumblers in the parking lot of the supermarkets.
Is Emilio's Bar and Grill in Farmington any good?

I went by there this afternoon,but since the old bod is still on CDT, they were not open....

Old 04-11-2007, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Is Emilio's Bar and Grill in Farmington any good?

I went by there this afternoon,but since the old bod is still on CDT, they were not open....
Hi Cathy, I havent seen you post here in awhile. Good to hear from you. I have never been to Emilios, I have seen it, down on Broadway? I dont know much about it. I generally stick to Chilis, Applebees, etc. The old standbys.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallista View Post
Blessings
Kalli
I just got back from dinner at Margarita's....it was good, other than the salsa being too bland......nothing that a little crushed chile wouldn't fix.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by councilor j View Post
I agree with RKW Farmington dosent have that many good mexican restaurants, but one I really do like is Los Hermanitos.Its hard to even find a burrito in that town.
Burritos y Mas is good.....their salsa was really good, and nice and hot, too.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:28 PM

Yeah, I sometimes stop by Burritos y Mas and grab a burrito. It is good. Been to Margaritas a few times too and it is good. I agree they need a "punch" to their salsa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico