Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2007, 09:43 AM

2 posts, read 6,007 times

Advertisements

I've been offered a decent job in Silver City, but it seems it is mostly a small retirement community; maybe affordable on the outskirts.
Santa Fe seems to have problems too.
I'm 30, no kids with a degree and looking for a progressive and enriching community with some diversity of economic class as well.
It seems no matter where I have lived - Bay Area, Ca., Eugene, Ore., and Flagstaff Ariz.- actual opportunity for my peers in decent progressive communities is limited or non-existent due to the inflated housing market that feeds on those types of towns.
Characteristics I look for in a town are:

Quality microbrew, coffee shops, restaurants, organics and outdoor supply.
Less retirement crowds and more 20s and 30s.
A socially conscious and politically active demographic
Sustainable building and organic agriculture
Beautiful lands with rivers or creeks

I'm only asking for it all, but it should be reasonable for anyone to expect to live somewhere with dignity, the way they want to live, instead of incessantly being marginalized by jingoistic Christians family values, the old and rich on the top of the generational real estate pyramid scheme and the policy-making crooks that cater to all of them.

What else is out there?

Old 07-17-2007, 10:22 AM

741 posts, read 2,923,184 times
Default uh-oh

This has all the makings of a
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/6519/trainwreck1fz9.gif (broken link)

I don't see this one ending well...

Chap

Old 07-17-2007, 10:44 AM
LLD

654 posts, read 3,072,380 times
I'm going to lock this. I will suggest the original poster re-ask the question without the inflammatory phrasing.

Bluegreen, if you'd like to discuss things from a more political/freedom perspective, there is a politics forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico