Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 05:08 PM

3 posts, read 15,559 times

Advertisements

I'm considering about moving to New Mexico in about a year to "start over" essentially.

I recently visited Arizona and fell in love with the American Southwest. The overall reasons why I'm attracted to New Mexico is the natural beauty, the art scene, and political climate (liberal).

If some folks could give some advice on how to approach this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 09:14 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,685,651 times
New Mexico is a big and varied state. Maybe you could help us help you by giving some information on what you are looking for in a place to live. City? Rural? Mountain living? What kind of job will have (or are you retired or independently wealthy)? What kind of budget will have in terms of housing?

Aside from that, just start researching. C-D offers a wealth of information, as does the internet in general. After you have done some researching, then plan a trip out here.

Good luck!

Old 04-22-2011, 06:12 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
As I have said before: buy and study the NEW MEXICO ROAD AND RECREATION ATLAS by Benchmark Maps available anywhere in the SW and on Amazon.com. Then contact the State Tourism Department and use all the info here on City-data. After you find someplace interesting you should take a trip to the area(s) and check it out in detail. Post more detail and the local on this board are likely to provide more information.

Just a thought: After I move I might set up a Relocation Service for people interested in moving to NM. I could even resell the darn atlases. Only sort of kidding. I think?

Old 04-22-2011, 02:15 PM

3 posts, read 15,559 times
@marmon - I'm college aged and want to take a break from school to basically transplant my life to New Mexico.

@GregW - I would be very interested in a relocation service, but will check out the maps.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:31 PM

713 posts, read 1,845,551 times
Do a search on this site. There are probably dozens of threads similar to this. People are getting less and less likely to respond to these threads after awhile. A search will find much.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:11 AM

864 posts, read 1,720,226 times
I don't know if I'd call the political climate liberal. Lots of military personnel in the state and we now have a Republican governor. The state could probably go either way in the next Presidential election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico