U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-02-2011, 12:12 PM

4,466 posts, read 3,717,457 times

Advertisements

Since we live about 45 miles from the any gas stations, we are now trying only to go to "town" if we have multiple errands(doctor appt, shopping, etc) and planning on all day trips. We do have to make the big drive to Abq., once a month for doctor's and medical treatments and try and maybe make it a overnight stay to get other needs done

We are not now going to be able to go fishing, exploring etc. as we had hoped to do.
Many areas of NM we wanted to visit this summer, but it look's like that will not happen.

Also, we thought we were going to have visitor's this summer, nix on that also.

The gas prices must be starting to make a problem for the ranchers who also live out in the rural areas and need fuel for farming etc.

Wonder what would happen if no one drove for 1 or 2 days

Happy trails,HW
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 12:27 PM

6,980 posts, read 10,769,102 times
Used to go and travel once a month even if it was for a day to go shopping but now I cant be bothered with the distance and cost involved. I usedt o make a point of spending my cash in NM but the closest big town is in Texas so I now go there when Ihave to leave town.

My new plan is to get up enough experience to get a new job closer to a big town or city out of NM. Living in the sticks has lost all of its appeal as its not affordable to leave anymore, mkaing the place more and more depressing each day.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:47 PM

3,068 posts, read 5,307,421 times
We always try to run errands in one trip.

However, gas prices will not stop us from taking some driving trips this summer.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:54 PM
N8!

2,454 posts, read 2,365,341 times
Economics says; increased cost for a commodity drives the production up and the cost drives the demand down. When it becomes too expensive and is in great supply, the cost will drop.

That being said, I'm looking for $5/gal fuel by the end of the month which will make summer mtb travel more expensive, but I will still go.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:08 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,143,601 times
How much is gas in NM (average) ?
We haven't take a vaca in 18 years. We are driving from Midwest thru MO, KS, CO & finally south to NM for a well deserved vaca. Can't wait.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:01 PM

312 posts, read 650,741 times
Well... We had planned on going westward and camping with the whole family.. not gonna do that!

We had also thought about going home to NC this year... we normally drive.. so nope.. not gonna do that!

We also make mini trips to Lubbock or Amarillo TX... nope.. havent left Clovis in a long time!

Nothing good friends and tasty drinks cant solve!

Old 05-02-2011, 06:20 PM

2,598 posts, read 2,534,319 times
A single lady friend of mine just bought a motor home for much less than it could have been purchased for not too long ago.

I've been watching each summer as gas prices have risen to see if there is noticeable impact on the numbers of tourists coming to the tourist towns in the Sacramento Mtns, and as yet haven't seen that it's slowed tourists down any. Perhaps those from nearby areas come here instead of taking longer trips, thereby offsetting the ones who don't come at all because of gas cost.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:57 PM

17,486 posts, read 18,588,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypups View Post
How much is gas in NM (average) ?
We haven't take a vaca in 18 years. We are driving from Midwest thru MO, KS, CO & finally south to NM for a well deserved vaca. Can't wait.
In Albuquerque you can get gas for about $3.61 to $3.72.

ADDED: I just remembered Gas Buddy, check this out: http://gasbuddy.com/

Rich

Old 05-03-2011, 09:01 AM

6,980 posts, read 10,769,102 times
Tis $3.85 here and rising :S
Living in the middle of nowhere used to be great, the peace and quiet and general cost of living was pretty low. Now its impossible to live in a place like this ...

Old 05-03-2011, 10:59 AM

13,184 posts, read 12,222,496 times
Though not a New Mexico resident (used to be one), I've had to cut my visits in half from four to two. I have friends in the Albuquerque, Edgewood, Tucumcari, and Roswell areas so I kind of "make the circuit". By the time I get back to the house from NM I've spent $150 to $175 in gasoline for the trip.

Gas in my area is $3.77 a gallon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico