U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 03:30 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,070,909 times
Talking Just visited New Mexico...

So many of you helped me with your advice on your BEAUTIFUL state.
We really enjoyed Northern NM. We had a blast.

Just wanted to shout out a BIG THANK YOU for all your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 03:34 PM

17,138 posts, read 17,839,317 times
Glad you enjoyed. Come on back! Bring more money next time!!!!

Rich

Old 06-01-2011, 04:54 AM

33,374 posts, read 28,007,444 times
So where did you go, visit, stay and eat. Please we need reviews.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:10 PM

Talking Very pleased...

Visted Co. Springs 4 days-Visited Pikes Peak, Breckenridge, Vail.
Manitou Springs & Garden of the Gods were my Favorite.
Bought quite a bit of jewelry in Manitou Springs and some pottery. Great deals.
Ate at some GREAT restaurants.
Luckily we have friends that live there & know how to get to all of these places.

Visited New Mexico...drove the 25 to Cimarron. The drive thru Ute park & Cimarron Canyon was just BEAUTIFUL. It was very, very windy that day. Wish we could of stopped more than we did along that route. Believe me we stopped several times.

Eagles nest was ok. Pretty mountains & lake. Lake had white caps the wind was really blowing.

Drove thru Red River & Questa. Didn't stop in Questa... Hubby was really getting tired & just wanted to get to Taos.

Taos was nice. Stayed at the Hampton Inn. Everyone there was very nice. Room was Great. No noise and we were even the first room by front desk & dining area. Breakfast was great.
First AM we went to Taos Pubelo... I had been very excited to visted the Pueblos... I was hoping to buy more jewelry than I did. Only 4 Pueblos were open. two of them were very expensive. So I was pretty disappointed.
Had lunch at Anthony's it was really good.
Had lunch/dinner next day at Outback Taos pizza...very good.

Left Taos next AM & drove the 522/159 into CO. We went back to Manitou Springs for a few hours & bought more jewelry & pottery.

We had a GREAT time...just not long enough...vaca's never are.
We spent $600.00 in gas & drove 2200 miles.

Hope to come back some day. I would love to see the wind sands.

Just so you know New Mexico sent us more information than Colorado did. NM vacation guide was put together well & had great info in it.
Thanks again everyone.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:27 PM

121 posts, read 139,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypups View Post
Visted Co. Springs 4 days-Visited Pikes Peak, Breckenridge, Vail.
Manitou Springs & Garden of the Gods were my Favorite.
Bought quite a bit of jewelry in Manitou Springs and some pottery. Great deals.
Ate at some GREAT restaurants.
Luckily we have friends that live there & know how to get to all of these places.

Visited New Mexico...drove the 25 to Cimarron. The drive thru Ute park & Cimarron Canyon was just BEAUTIFUL. It was very, very windy that day. Wish we could of stopped more than we did along that route. Believe me we stopped several times.

Eagles nest was ok. Pretty mountains & lake. Lake had white caps the wind was really blowing.

Drove thru Red River & Questa. Didn't stop in Questa... Hubby was really getting tired & just wanted to get to Taos.

Taos was nice. Stayed at the Hampton Inn. Everyone there was very nice. Room was Great. No noise and we were even the first room by front desk & dining area. Breakfast was great.
First AM we went to Taos Pubelo... I had been very excited to visted the Pueblos... I was hoping to buy more jewelry than I did. Only 4 Pueblos were open. two of them were very expensive. So I was pretty disappointed.
Had lunch at Anthony's it was really good.
Had lunch/dinner next day at Outback Taos pizza...very good.

Left Taos next AM & drove the 522/159 into CO. We went back to Manitou Springs for a few hours & bought more jewelry & pottery.

We had a GREAT time...just not long enough...vaca's never are.
We spent $600.00 in gas & drove 2200 miles.

Hope to come back some day. I would love to see the wind sands.

Just so you know New Mexico sent us more information than Colorado did. NM vacation guide was put together well & had great info in it.
Thanks again everyone.
NM relies on the tourist dollar more than anything so it dosen't surprise that NM sent you more info. Both states have lots to offer.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:46 PM

440 posts, read 525,076 times
Come back again! You only scratched the surface of an absolutely beautiful and friendly state!

Old 06-02-2011, 06:29 AM

1,471 posts, read 1,928,143 times
Glad to hear that. The Pueblos is sort of a hit and miss. If there has been any ceremonies going on they close off areas. Did you get to take the tour. Did you go to Kit Carson's place. On route 25 did you go over the raton pass? On the Raton pass is a subdivision called Santa Fe Trail and they are 40 acres in the mountains. I think 16 thousand acres all together with lots of play areas. We're thinking of retiring there. I have a 300 acre ranch so I still want some playground but I do not want to take care of cows myself anymore. I guess that is more information than wanted! But was wondering if you had a good time or not.
Debbie

Old 06-02-2011, 03:36 PM

No ceremonies going on...was just hoping to buy more there
Couldn't take the tour, I have a prosthetic leg & don't walk very well.
Didn't do Kit Carson's place & I don't think we did the Raton pass.
We did do the Cimarron canyon... and just LOVED it. It was a VERY windy day. We kept stopping on the side of the road. LOVED to hear the water rippling over the rocks.
Loved the rock formations...just beautiful.
Wished we could of hiked like the 'ole days, but one has to respect what life gives them & appreciate all the other beautiful things out there.
I'm happy sitting in a pile of rocks...LOL... I've always been that way.
I hope some day we get to come back to NM & visit other areas of the state. Who knows...maybe some day we'll retire there. Hubby doesn't have that many years until he retires.
In the mean time...I'll keep playing the lottery. can't win if you don't play.

Thanks again Debbie for all your help and everyone else also.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:47 PM

121 posts, read 139,887 times
Sillypups- I would suggest visiting the whole state of NM if you can. When I travel to a new state I like to visit all sides of it. Not just the tourist spots but all over and see what the state is really like.

You could check out Carlsbad,Roswell,Chama,Shiprock,Silver City,Las Cruces and Abq.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:20 PM

13,107 posts, read 11,926,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big time bro View Post
Sillypups- I would suggest visiting the whole state of NM if you can. When I travel to a new state I like to visit all sides of it. Not just the tourist spots but all over and see what the state is really like.

You could check out Carlsbad,Roswell,Chama,Shiprock,Silver City,Las Cruces and Abq.
Big time bro makes a good point. I've taken friends to Carlsbad Caverns National Park in early November and the temps were still in the low to mid seventy degree range. Southern New Mexico has a lot to offer for a two week vacation; White Sands National Monument, Carlsbad Caverns, and more.

Next time you take a good look at a road atlas, take a close look at the national parks and monuments in New Mexico. I don't know the exact amount, but I know there are more national parks and monuments in New Mexico than any other state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico