U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-21-2007, 01:44 AM

477 posts, read 1,609,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I like both the positive and neg about Farmington cause i know each and very city isnt for everyone, having come from a small town in northern wis, with 5 resv all around where i lived, and bartenting there, i seen alot. As for rednecks, at times i think i am one lol
i come from a state where theres alot fo them lol
I will be up that way in april, to look around. what is perfect for one person, isnt for another. like whats junk to one person is a treasure to another. I am so county, i sure dont belong here in phx...

I did post in the post before the crimes vs Farmington vs phoenix and other places i lived like milw, new york, LA. All i care about is cheaper rent, and a nice place to live, where i dont have to pay lots fo money for milk and finally maybe get some good hamburger meat.. the meat here sucks lol
by Kallista
Hi Kali, Farmington has it all, roughnecks, rednecks, Natives, Hispanic, Latino, Whites, Asians, some Blacks, the very rich, the very poor, the middle, the upper middle and everything in between. You see Mennonites, who look sorta like Amish people, Mormans, Republicans, some Liberals, again everything in between. Farmington is a treasure to me. I like the mixes and the cultures. I dont like the cookie cutter towns. Farmington has many areas and you can find the area that fits you. Take care.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2007, 08:11 PM

49 posts, read 266,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_LUVNM View Post
Hi Kali, Farmington has it all, roughnecks, rednecks, Natives, Hispanic, Latino, Whites, Asians, some Blacks, the very rich, the very poor, the middle, the upper middle and everything in between. You see Mennonites, who look sorta like Amish people, Mormans, Republicans, some Liberals, again everything in between. Farmington is a treasure to me. I like the mixes and the cultures. I don't like the cookie cutter towns. Farmington has many areas and you can find the area that fits you. Take care.
Sounds fun to me... Sounds like in Wisconsin lol
well i will still be coming up there to look around April 9-12.. I will bring my lap top and post on things i see, i wil be going out at diff times at night to see whats up after dark, i think if someone with a open mind, and knowing and living in the worst cities with crime would have a open mind of writing things about Farmington, and not one sided. I look forward to see Farmington. All of the cultures you said above i am used to. Coming from Wisconsin we see a lot of Amish and Mennonites, i think they are great people and i love their way of life.. Again i posted the crime rate in categories and as one can see Farmington is more laid back then most cities in crime.
Cant wait to see it up there, i am really excited.
Just needed to ask, i think thats being a good investigators, i have a daughter who has cancer and a son that likes to ride bikes and hike, i know i get scared going to the store after dark here, and i want to get away from that. being cautious yes but not scared to death . Theres a difference. Thanks for your posts they sure do help.
I spoke to many hotel owners there and chamber of commerce as well. I learn about the new task force that are bonding together for crime, and the treatment center that they are building there as well to help clean up the drug use, and you all know its in every city as well as teenage pregnancy too. That doesn't make Farmington bad.
I look forward for my posts from Farmington in april.
blessing
kalli
and i am poor lol so i wont be in the best side of town i am sure.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:29 PM

175 posts, read 838,491 times
Did I forget to mention that Farmington has alot of child molestors and also one of the highest DWI rates in the state, be careful where you drive at night especially between Farmington and Shiprock.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by councilor j View Post
Did I forget to mention that Farmington has alot of child molestors and also one of the highest DWI rates in the state, be careful where you drive at night especially between Farmington and Shiprock.
Albuquerque has alot of sex offenders too. You can find the statistics at http://www.nmsexoffender.dps.state.nm.us/home.html

Click on "by city" and type in Albuquerque and then Farmington or any NM city and you will see all the offenders.

Last edited by I_LUVNM; 03-22-2007 at 06:09 AM..

Old 03-22-2007, 08:47 PM

Is this ok side of town of cheaper hotels there
1600 Bloomfield Boulevard

Old 03-22-2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Ok i have to ask, are you here trying to talk others into not moving to Farmington for some reason. Because i have to say it sure sounds like it. I come from huge cities with mega crimes that makes Farmington look like a saint.
I know we always need to look out for things in every town and city, no place is perfect. Try to maybe post about good things Farmington has to offer, and see if it out weights the bad?
I understand maybe your just truthful and posting your view, and thats great and i think you for that.
But there has to be something you lied about Farmington?
anyways, i will be up there in April looking around for myself.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:38 PM

no Im not lying about anything,I live in Albuquerque and yeah theres crime but I dont think its all that bad eventhough we were ranked in the top 20 of the most dangerous metro areas to live in, and you cant even compare Albq or Phoenix to a city with a population of 41,000 like Farmington.In a small city you see the crime and hear about it alot more,my dad still lives in Farmington and has his house up for sell and he's trying to get out as fast as he can,and just the other night there were 2 murders in a 7hour span.I've heard murder stories from locals there that scare me and it dosent seem to phase them.Also I just saw on the news tonight there is a school alert for Farmignton middle schools for tomorrow,about something having to do with the murder of a 15 year old girl the other night.Bloomfield the town outside of Farmington has alot of crime and alot of gangs and only a population of 7,000,the first day I arrived in Bloomfield there were some gangsters talking about getting their gun to go handle something.Im not scaring people away Im just letting you know how the place is,some may think its beautiful but there other sides to the city.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:15 AM

The 15 year old girl murdered, they have arrested some 18 year old guy who probably was a boyfriend jilted kind of thing. There was a party or something going on with something like 15 people there. It may also be a guy who drank too much. Anyway it wasnt somebody walking down the street and gunned down by a stranger like everyday in LA. If you look at the facts, such as on here at City-Data on Farmington, it has about 2 or 3 murders a year, that is not bad. Farmington has grown alot in the last two years too.

Kali, about the motels, They have some good ones. I list three that are pretty good and not bad on price. Super 8 being the bare basic motel but clean and nice. I like Courtyard by Marriot. It has a real southwest feel to it more like New Mexico and very clean. La Quinta has the Spanish look and is nice too.
I honestly dont know about Bloomfield. Just pass through it. It is very deserty looking and stark. There are alot of oil roughnecks there and oil and gas companies too. Dont know much else about it. Pretty small town.

La Quinta Inn
Farmington
675 Scott Ave

Super 8 Northeast Farmington
4751 Cortez Way
close to Super Walmart

Courtyard by Marriott Hotels & Conference Center
560 Scott Ave
Farmington, NM 87401

Google these for more info. Take care.

Last edited by I_LUVNM; 03-23-2007 at 01:41 AM..

Old 03-23-2007, 01:49 AM

yeah,except the shooting of the girl involved gang members and the school threat is another gang wanting to get revenge,and my sister goes to one of the middle schools listed in the threat, so think about your family members, thats more reason for me to hate Farmington.

Old 03-23-2007, 02:20 AM

Quote:
yeah,except the shooting of the girl involved gang members and the school threat is another gang wanting to get revenge,and my sister goes to one of the middle schools listed in the threat, so think about your family members, thats more reason for me to hate Farmington.
Councilor j, I am not saying there arent any gangs here. Gangs are about everywhere. What I dont understand is your unwillingness to see that you hate Farmington even more for gangs and yet there are more gangs in Albuquerque than anywhere else in New Mexico. You are not looking at the truth. To say you dont like one city because of gangs and yet you live in a city full of gangs is puzzling.

Well, I just heard that the guy arrested for the 15 year old girl who was murdered, it was an accident. There was a party with drinking and pot and the guy accidentally shot her and fled. He faces 3 years for involuntary manslaughter. You can read about it at http://www.daily-times.com/news/ci_5501208. It was like I thought. Be sure and get the FULL facts before writing Farmington off.

Last edited by I_LUVNM; 03-23-2007 at 02:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico