U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 10:15 PM

6,518 posts, read 6,799,969 times
Street food and food trucks have been quite the range in many parts of the country for decades now. It is always interesting to see how Albuquerque takes its careful steps towards something new.

If it weren't for intrepid little old ladies pulling huge igloo coolers loaded with exotic delights and and Coleman camp stoves on which to heat them trundling up and down busy urban streets to the basketball courts and school yards of my neighborhood, I would never have learned the sublime and savory delight of Salvadorean papusas (and if any one knows where to get them in Albuquerque, please tell me!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 10:41 PM

1,301 posts, read 1,896,798 times
We have a pupuseria. I haven't been there, but it sounds good:

Pupuseria Y Restaurant Salvadoreño - South Valley - Albuquerque | Urbanspoon

Old 10-09-2011, 03:14 PM

316 posts, read 426,048 times
In the four corners region. Along Hwy 64 between Hogback and Shiprock. Good stuff. Or other places on the Reservation.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:42 AM

1 posts, read 968 times
of course ,it is cheaper

Old 10-15-2011, 11:52 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,084,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApartmentNomad View Post
We have a pupuseria. I haven't been there, but it sounds good:

Pupuseria Y Restaurant Salvadoreño - South Valley - Albuquerque | Urbanspoon
They have another location at Gibson and San Mateo. I found their pupusas to be greasy so only went once.

I have bought and enjoyed lunches from a burrito lady, never got sick, but there are some that once they sell to you they will remember how you like your burrito, will track you down to sell you more burritos made especially for you, until you get tired of it. But if you like burritos every day it is convenient when your lunch comes looking for you.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:59 AM

908 posts, read 1,207,215 times
Navajo Kneel Down Bread

picture
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CpkexpFfNC.../s1600/028.JPG

two recipe versions
Navajo Kneel Down Bread
Breads | Kneeldown Bread

Old 10-19-2011, 05:56 AM

47,586 posts, read 34,479,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am sure the stuff is great and fresh, but I am just not comfortable with buying from street venders.
I don't either but also if you're going to drop all the hygiene rules and food handlers' cards for some for politically correct reasons, then drop them for all, let everyone break the rules. They would come down hard on some American homemaker trying to earn a little extra money selling sandwiches or cakes without the proper permits but because these people come from third world countries it's allowed.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:19 PM

731 posts, read 1,039,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't either but also if you're going to drop all the hygiene rules and food handlers' cards for some for politically correct reasons, then drop them for all, let everyone break the rules. They would come down hard on some American homemaker trying to earn a little extra money selling sandwiches or cakes without the proper permits but because these people come from third world countries it's allowed.
Are you serious? I don't see them coming down hard on schools or youth organizations who sell burgers, hot dogs and frito pies outside K-Mart or Sam's Club, do you? And I think a few of them are white. Your message is so racist it isn't even funny. I know a few "American" homemakers that bake pies and cook other things and sell them.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:13 AM

47,586 posts, read 34,479,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loborick View Post
Are you serious? I don't see them coming down hard on schools or youth organizations who sell burgers, hot dogs and frito pies outside K-Mart or Sam's Club, do you? And I think a few of them are white. Your message is so racist it isn't even funny. I know a few "American" homemakers that bake pies and cook other things and sell them.
Home Based Processing

I expect the Americans selling food to abide by the laws on food safety also. It's not racist as I'll eat in all kinds of ethnic restaurants, but I want some assurance the food is somewhat safe and there were at least minimum standards. There is a reason for these laws.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:36 AM

731 posts, read 1,039,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Home Based Processing

I expect the Americans selling food to abide by the laws on food safety also. It's not racist as I'll eat in all kinds of ethnic restaurants, but I want some assurance the food is somewhat safe and there were at least minimum standards. There is a reason for these laws.
Yes, there is a reason for these laws. That's no excuse for your post. There are plenty of people that are not from "third world countries" that sell home made food without a permit or inspection. Do you buy from the little girl on the corner with the lemonade stand? Or the bake sale at the church? I understand the reasoning for these laws and I support them. But I don't need to go where you did to make my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico