Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 09:37 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times

Advertisements

have and do, its great. i would trust them b4 i would trust the staff in the back of jack in box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 05:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
If I am hungry and the food has stopped trying to escape I would eat stuff from a street vendor. I am blessed with a digestive system that turns everything, bugs included, into amino acids and simple sugars.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:23 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,915 times
I always let someone else at work be my pigeon if we get a new burrito man/lady. You know within a week if there's any trouble with them. Don't do the roach coaches often but I always figure the ones with the lines of people are the ones that are ok.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:58 AM

908 posts, read 2,853,099 times
There are ladies selling in Old Town fairly regularly. They peek in with a thermal bag full of home-made goodies. Also, having done a lot of craft shows out here, there are always folks selling to the booth-bound artists at the shows. I ask who made it and where the recipe came from, and if I feel comfortable with the conversation, I buy. I've never been disappointed. And you don't have to be from a third world country to come up with this. Out here, it's practically entreprenuerism to cook a favorite family recipe and try to vend to locals for extra cash. We used to bring all sorts of stuff to shows and share with other vendors like a pot luck. Food is in the culture out here and it's a social lubricant as much as alcohol might be in other places. Hell, good, warm tamales are as good as cash at a show: "I'll give you two pork red for a frito pie.". "Done!".

Old 10-24-2011, 07:02 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziaAirmac View Post
Out here, it's practically entreprenuerism to cook a favorite family recipe and try to vend to locals for extra cash.
No doubt, that is very common and the plates by someone you work with's family are always good in my experience. $6.00 for a brisket plate has always been the most common where I've worked. Someone will come around and say their mom/wife/etc is bringing plates today and orders are taken that morning to be delivered at lunch. I'm sure there are no permits or taxes involved.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:34 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,152,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post

Thank you for the links. Wonder if chef Hunter Wold is up to trying this one. I'd like to see what it's like but haven't come across it yet.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:56 PM

79 posts, read 193,991 times
I was parked in the little Truckstop at exit 187 I40 westbound where the Dairy Queen is along Route 344 one night about a year ago and was about to starve to death I mean my Belly Button was surely gnawing on my spine. It did not appear that anything was open at that exit at that time of the night. But it seemed as if just as soon as I turned the Dome light on in the Truck a Woman showed up with a large tray of Stuff. I bought a couple of Tamales and Taco's from her and she said that the meat on the Taco's was Goat. It was excellent I have been back there several times this past year and have not been able to locate her and even now sitting here at the house the memory of those Goat Meat Taco's have got me wanting on awful bad but it's about a 1600 mile ride from here in the 32008 Zip. Oh well maybe next week!

Old 08-16-2013, 08:39 AM

1 posts, read 979 times
I've been eating home delivered and made food for 40 years and NEVER a problem. I know many of the people who sell homemade goods and foods and they take great pride in being clean, responsible and professional when it comes to what the ask other people to buy and eat. Why do you think the homemade vendors out there making ends meet are so popular? Because their stuff is so damn delicious, and there is just something about HOMEMADE that makes everything taste so very special. I'd be willing to bet that the majority of homemade kitchens are cleaner and better well kept than some franchise food joints. EAT UP AND QUIT WORRYING GUYS - - - A PLANE COULD FALL ON YOU BEFORE A BURRITO DOES YOU IN!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico