U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 05:25 PM

7,088 posts, read 12,032,402 times

Advertisements

Looking forward to moving to Timberon and being poor. LOL
I just want to be around nature and hug the trees.

Cheryl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 07:58 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,538,603 times
(waving at Cheryl)

One of the locals told my husband that we can save a lot of money living there, because there's very little to spend it on! That sounds good to me! (although I may think differently when I can't run to Target 3 times a week! haha!)

Looking forward to some cool mountain air. There's a heat wave headed our way in SoCal. Ugh.

3 weeks and counting! I'll hug a tree for you when we arrive

Old 06-12-2007, 09:37 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,961,282 times
I am so looking forward to meeting you all. As I read the posts before what Cheryl and Nan wrote, I realized that btrouble52 is Cheryls neighbor.
and Nan, Target is in Las Cruces.. plan that trip..LOL
Jane

Old 06-13-2007, 01:19 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,538,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
and Nan, Target is in Las Cruces.. plan that trip..LOL
Jane
LOL!! Maybe just a leeeeetle too far to drive
That's OK, I'm looking forward to learning how do do 'once a month shopping' Should be interesting.

Nan

Old 06-13-2007, 08:23 AM

After I posted yesterday about looking forward to moving to Timberon and being poor, I realized that some might take that the wrong way and I have a crazy sense of humor anyway but what I met was that it is going to be a big change. I'm gonna miss going to Walmart all the time and I'm used to hopping in the car anytime to pick up groceries or whatever so that will be a change and so will our incomes. We will be living on retirement military incomes until we can get some internet business started but like you said, there is not that much in Timberon to spend money on and we are both spendthrifts so that will be another change for us.
But we are both looking very forward to the change and being around nature,wildlife,etc.
Also looking forward and cannot wait to meet all our lovely neighbors.

Cheryl

Old 06-17-2007, 10:02 PM

471 posts, read 741,154 times
Btrouble52 I think you served me and the lady a beer and some snacks a couple of months ago. We were up one day during the week just kind of kicking back and stopped in and visited for an hour or so.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:22 PM

Default Timberon People

May be in the area on either Sunday or Tuesday have not decided yet so what's open for lunch those 2 days?
Thanks

Last edited by mtncat; 01-19-2008 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: my spelling stinks today;-)

Old 01-19-2008, 09:24 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,961,282 times
Not sure if High Country is open on Sunday, but I know for sure its closed on Tues. Wish I would be up there then, you could come to my place. Egglady might know about Sunday if she checks in. Best bring your lunch if you have to ..
Jane

Old 01-20-2008, 10:01 AM

There's only a couple of restaurants in Timberon. One is at the golf course and I do believe they are open on Sunday and closed on Tuesday.
There's another one down by the condos that serves Mexican food. Not sure what her hours are.
If I were there now, I would have you over for lunch but we won't be back until March.
Stop in Cloudcroft and get your lunch just in case.

Chilegal, check in and let us know how things are and when you all will be back.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:48 PM

Thanks for the info. Did not make it up there today so it will probably be Tuesday. Appreciate the offer of a meal. Maybe one of these days we can all get together up there.
Can have lunch in CC just about anytime as it's only about 6 or so miles from the house. Going to have breakfast at the western anyway.
Plan is to make the loop out toward Timberon (may not go all the way in if there is no place open) drop down over Hornbuckle hill and back to High Rolls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico