U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-13-2012, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
14,131 posts, read 26,378,432 times
Reputation: 6821

Advertisements

Can someone please tell me what incorporated town or city is the closest to the CO border and how far from the border it is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-13-2012, 06:49 PM
 
Location: New Mexico U.S.A.
24,266 posts, read 39,217,493 times
Reputation: 28319
Dulce, NM, census-designated place (CDP), and 9.6 road miles or 4.6 air miles from the Colorado border.
Chama, NM, Village, and 6.2 air miles from the Colorado border.
Raton, NM, City, and 6.2 air miles from the Colorado border.

Rich

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 01-13-2012 at 07:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2012, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
14,131 posts, read 26,378,432 times
Reputation: 6821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Dulce, NM, census-designated place (CDP), and 9.6 road miles or 4.6 air miles from the Colorado border.
Chama, NM, Village, and 6.2 air miles from the Colorado border.
Raton, NM, City, and 6.2 air miles from the Colorado border.

Rich
Thanks. Branson, CO is 3.2 miles from the border and i'm trying to determine if it's the closest on either side. Looks like it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2012, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Abu Al-Qurq
3,612 posts, read 7,354,972 times
Reputation: 2773
Google maps for Costilla, NM to Garcia, CO:
2.1 mi apart.

Arboles, CO is also about 1.7mi from downtown to the border, though it is large enough that parts of it are less than 1 mi from the border.

I think all of these trump the earlier entries for proximity to the border, though "incorporated" presumably doesn't apply to any; Costilla and Arboles do/did have US post offices though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2012, 09:04 AM
 
Location: New Mexico U.S.A.
24,266 posts, read 39,217,493 times
Reputation: 28319
Title is: NM Geography Trivia Question

Question Was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Can someone please tell me what incorporated town or city is the closest to the CO border and how far from the border it is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
Google maps for Costilla, NM to Garcia, CO:
2.1 mi apart.

Arboles, CO is also about 1.7mi from downtown to the border, though it is large enough that parts of it are less than 1 mi from the border.

I think all of these trump the earlier entries for proximity to the border, though "incorporated" presumably doesn't apply to any; Costilla and Arboles do/did have US post offices though.
So I guess if it is not large enough to be listed as an incorporated town or city, then it isn't, otherwise you could just find a square foot of land 1 inch from the border and claim it as the trivia question winner...


Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2012, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Abu Al-Qurq
3,612 posts, read 7,354,972 times
Reputation: 2773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Dulce, NM, census-designated place (CDP), and 9.6 road miles or 4.6 air miles from the Colorado border.
Chama, NM, Village, and 6.2 air miles from the Colorado border.
Raton, NM, City, and 6.2 air miles from the Colorado border.

Rich
Sorry Rich, just following your example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2012, 09:22 AM
 
Location: New Mexico U.S.A.
24,266 posts, read 39,217,493 times
Reputation: 28319
I can see you don't see the difference...

So, never mind....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top