U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 04:55 PM

66 posts, read 131,058 times

Advertisements

do you guys actually see the picture(s) or are they just links? (at the top)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 05:00 PM

please take a minute to look at the links at the top

Old 01-26-2012, 06:24 PM

3,059 posts, read 6,339,736 times
NewMexico90 actually asked two questions.

His title asks if the Organ Mountains are the most beautiful in SO. NM.

In the opening post he asks if they are the most beautiful in NM.

Which is it?

Old 01-27-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
NewMexico90 actually asked two questions.

His title asks if the Organ Mountains are the most beautiful in SO. NM.

In the opening post he asks if they are the most beautiful in NM.

Which is it?
sorry about that, i think i just forgot to put in "southern"

Old 01-27-2012, 12:50 PM

888 posts, read 618,265 times
IMHO, there is no such thing as a mountain that (usually) isn't beautiful??
I lived next to the 2,000 foot South Mountain in Central/Western Maryland, right next to the beautiful Appalachian Trail.
Compared to MOST of the majestic mountains here in New Mexico, South Mountain is a HILL.

Steve

Old 01-27-2012, 01:16 PM

4,403 posts, read 3,663,153 times
The most beautiful mountains to me are the Florida Mountains because they are quintessential desert mountains, very pretty from I-10 near Deming. I see them and I think of a warm and lazy life of sunny solitude. I also love Ladron Peak, something that I couldn't take enough pictures of while driving east on US60 by Magdalena. While NM doesn't have the jagged peaks most associate with MOUNTAINS, it possesses mountains that look like God took the landscape and pinched it, like he was pinching a bedsheet and then let it drop into softer forms that fold across each other.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 01-27-2012 at 01:40 PM..

Old 01-27-2012, 01:18 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,309,232 times
I've never met a New Mexico mountain range that I didn't like. My favorite: the Sangre de Cristo mountains.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:22 AM

11,805 posts, read 14,322,379 times
I like all of them. I haven't seen the Organ Mtns in person, so I'll reserve judgement on them, although I like what I've seen. So far, it's a tie between the Sacramentos and the Sangres.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:07 AM
TKO

714 posts, read 1,493,614 times
I'd say as dominant a part of the landscape as they are they rank with the Grand Tetons. Other mountains in the state, south and north, are very nice. I like Mt. Taylor, Sierra Blanca and Whitney is cool too but they don't stand out to me quiet like the Organs do. Something about the surrounding landscape (which are nice but take away from the visual impact of the mountains IMO). I found the Tetons struck the same chord in me as the Organs when I was in Jackson, the string of lakes in the foothills make them even better.

Scenic View, off I-10, or anywhere along the west escarpment is the best place to put it all in perspective to me.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:10 PM

208 posts, read 318,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
I'd say as dominant a part of the landscape as they are they rank with the Grand Tetons. Other mountains in the state, south and north, are very nice. I like Mt. Taylor, Sierra Blanca and Whitney is cool too but they don't stand out to me quiet like the Organs do. Something about the surrounding landscape (which are nice but take away from the visual impact of the mountains IMO). I found the Tetons struck the same chord in me as the Organs when I was in Jackson, the string of lakes in the foothills make them even better.

Scenic View, off I-10, or anywhere along the west escarpment is the best place to put it all in perspective to me.
I live in WY and I agree with you about the resemblance to the Tetons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico