Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2012, 08:43 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,477,915 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to say you have an awesome state! I'm from Indiana and have driven to California and back a few times and New Mexico is always where I "feel good". Just has a unique, good, yet mysterious vibe. Granted I've only been through the main highway, I'd like to explore your state more. Maybe even retire there....in 30 years lol. So I'm just posting this as kind of a thank you to all the great people I have met in my travels through your state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 09:48 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Come stick around a while next time. Stay for the food if nothing else

Old 01-31-2012, 11:31 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
I have always had that "feel good" vibe when in NM. It is hard to explain, it's just there. I hope to move there someday soon. I've spent quite a bit of time there. I love the cultural mix, the climates and the landforms.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:29 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,402,599 times
Maybe we'll both end up in NM someday.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:35 PM

914 posts, read 2,919,423 times
jc76, please describe your experiences some more. I was just scrolling through the forums and saw your thread. I've never been to New Mexico, but I was taken by your enthusiasm.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:49 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
jc76, please describe your experiences some more. I was just scrolling through the forums and saw your thread. I've never been to New Mexico, but I was taken by your enthusiasm.
I wrote this after returning from a vacation there in March, 2011.....

1- The Colors. The state has so much transition of topography. I love the way the sun light plays the colors of the rocks. The brown deserted mountains, the green forested mountains, the red rock mesas, the bosque woodlands and rivers, and the bluest skies I've ever seen anywhere! Even the highway infrastructure is colorful. Like the pink and blue hues of the flyover ramps of the Big I in Albuquerque and the highway north of Santa Fe with the murals painted on the concrete walls and bridges.

2 - The Arts. Visiting NM made me realize just how undervalued art is in America. NM is an exceptional state with so many art galleries, and so many beautiful landscapes and cultures to inspire the arts. I love the beautification projects around the state. There are many exceptional art museums.

3 - The Food. I am smitten for green chiles ever since visting NM. I like sopapillas with honey,the meatloaf at the Standard Diner on Central in Albuquerque, the Huevos Rancheros with red chile sauce at the Abiquiu Inn, the food in NM is the bomb diggity!

4-The Weather. What's not to love about 300+ days of sunshine a year? I like the dry climate, it's easy!

5- The Spiritual Element. There is something in the air in NM that is just divine. Weather it be soaking in hot springs, hiking a red rock mesa, skiing the Sangre de Cristos, visting a Native American pueblo, or looking at the depest blue skies, the beauty of NM has a spiritual effect where I feel closer to God. It's the Land of Enchantment!

6- The people. I love the down to earth friendliness of the New Mexicans. I enjoy the blended cultures of Hispanic, Anglo, and Native American. I found myself having small talk with shop keepers and restaurant employees and having the small talk evolve into a long conversation at ease.

I love New Mexico! It tugs at your heartstrings.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 02-06-2012 at 10:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico