Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 06:16 PM

18 posts, read 51,357 times

Advertisements

When we visited last year, we looked at a house on Washington (such a beautiful street). It was older, but then so many of the houses in town--and in our price range--seem to be 1950-ish. But thank you all for your responses.

I have found on the web a 55+ mobile home community called Amber Skies. Any thoughts about this place? Also, are double-wides banned from the city?

The missus and I are booking to visit again in October (we're taking Amtrak through to Albuquerque) and will seriously be house hunting then.

P.S. We're in Ohio (as if the moniker didn't give it away) and would rather be almost anywhere else during this snow "event."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 07:41 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,619,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-couple View Post

I have found on the web a 55+ mobile home community called Amber Skies. Any thoughts about this place? Also, are double-wides banned from the city?
Yeap Amber Skies is really nice. You might also want to check out Desert Palms mobile home community on 2000 First Street which is also 55+ and is nice also

Old 10-19-2010, 11:07 AM

71 posts, read 157,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
[/b]

Over the past 9 yrs we have lived in 4 different areas in Alamo and we have never had flea or tick problems. We also lived in Silver City and Carlsbad and didn't have flea or tick problems there either. I am from S Texas and they have fleas and ticks out the yahoo there.

I know yours is an older post, but had to comment. We live in Seguin, TX and moved up from Rockport last year. Fleas made our dog miserable.
We are comparing Silver City and Alamo to relocate to, but are leaning toward Alamo.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:09 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,278,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsandyb View Post
I know yours is an older post, but had to comment. We live in Seguin, TX and moved up from Rockport last year. Fleas made our dog miserable.
We are comparing Silver City and Alamo to relocate to, but are leaning toward Alamo.
I much preferred Alamo over Silver City, of course it could have been there was very little there other than the Walmart and Albertsons. I liked that Las Cruces and El Paso were alittle over an hour away so if there was something I needed that Alamo didn't offer they did. We moved to the DC area over the summer and it has been an adjustment for me, it is a much faster paced life than what I am used to. I miss my mountain views from my kitchen window, the smell of the desert after the rain, and the brisk mornings with no humidity.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:28 PM

433 posts, read 1,143,068 times
When my mom thought she needed new dentures we went to Dr Cason. He told her that he could refit them for a lot less money and did. I think it says alot about him because he could have kept his mouth shut and made more money. I personally go to Dr Snyder because my insurance is accepted there. He is also very good IMO.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:22 AM

71 posts, read 157,177 times
Default good dentist in Alamo

Thanks for the info! We are getting excited about the move.....

Old 12-20-2010, 10:23 AM

3,491 posts, read 6,974,143 times
Thanks cathy. Alamogordo is a good place.I like going there.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:10 PM

4 posts, read 16,376 times
Hey I lived in Alamo during the 70's but it's ideal for that small tow envronment and you can always go to Cruces, I lived there too in my college days, and it's only a littles less than an hour and then El Paso, about a 90 minute drive if my memory serves me correctly and if you're retired military you always have the benefits of HAFB. I miss it and I never thot I would now I live in Mesa AZ outside Phoenix.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:13 PM

4 posts, read 16,376 times
Smile Anyone left?

I used to live in Alamo in the 70's. Graduated in '76. Stumbled on this websight one day and am looking for old classmates to reminesce. Couldn't wait to transfer to Cruces for college but now all these years later, I find myself missing the ol' place...Now I'm in Mesa AZ right outside Phoenix.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:54 PM

14 posts, read 15,600 times
Las Cruces is cool, safer is Alamo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico